cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically include a picture in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

I have a requirement to include all the attachemnts in transaction IW53 (Service Notifications) into a smartform for a printout.

Like suppose for a Serv Notif No- XXXXXX we have some 5 attachments.So i need to display these attachements in the form along with other transaction data. I can well read and dowload the attachents for a particluar documnet using FM's 'BDS_GOS_CONNECTIONS_GET' and 'SO_OBJECT_DOWNLOAD' . but how can i use it in the smartform dynamically.

Is it possible to carry out such a desingn.

Please suggest with any other alternative if this is not possible.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is what I've done to do so:

1. Get the connections to the object using the FM 'BDS_ALL_CONNECTIONS_GET'.

2. From that group, select just the images filtering by the field 'DOCUCLASS' of the returned table in the parameter 'ALL_CONNECTIONS'.

3. Upload the file in the system as is showed by Sandra Rossi in (FM 'SO_DOCUMENT_READ_API1', FM 'SAPSCRIPT_CONVERT_BITMAPS_BDS', Method 'CREATE_WITH_TABLE' of class CL_BDS_DOCUMENT_SET, update table STXBITMAPS.

4. Call the Smartform

5. Delete the image uploaded using the method 'DELETE' of class 'CL_BDS_DOCUMENT_SET'.

6. Update the table STXBITMAPS

Hope this works for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi, this is what I've done to do so:

>

> 1. Get the connections to the object using the FM 'BDS_ALL_CONNECTIONS_GET'.

> 2. From that group, select just the images filtering by the field 'DOCUCLASS' of the returned table in the parameter 'ALL_CONNECTIONS'.

> 3. Upload the file in the system as is showed by Sandra Rossi in (FM 'SO_DOCUMENT_READ_API1', FM 'SAPSCRIPT_CONVERT_BITMAPS_BDS', Method 'CREATE_WITH_TABLE' of class CL_BDS_DOCUMENT_SET, update table STXBITMAPS.

> 4. Call the Smartform

> 5. Delete the image uploaded using the method 'DELETE' of class 'CL_BDS_DOCUMENT_SET'.

> 6. Update the table STXBITMAPS

>

> Hope this works for you.

Thanks buddy .

But i have met my requirement. Later i was told that the images would be stored in a content server .

So i used the FM's 'CVAPI_DOC_GETDETAIL' and

'CVAPI_DOC_VIEW' to get the image from the content server to the local system ,and from there i

upload the image into SE78 using the perform

PERFORM graphic_import_bds(saplstxbitmaps) ...........

and finally pass this image name to display in the smart form.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure ..if this would help...

Link: [;