Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define the RFC in CUA

thomas_vanhaaren
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

We ran into a practical problem with defining the RFC connections for using CUA.

We are creating Composite roles in CUA which include the various Signle Roles of the child systems. These single roles are created in the CUA PFCG with the reference to the child system's RFC in the field "Target System".

Obvviously we want these Composites and single roles to be transported to the QA and PRD systems. However, currently the RFC connections are defines as "DE1CLNT110", "QE1CLNT110", etc. When transporting this is obviouslly going to cause problems as the RFC DE1CLNT110 does not exist in QA system.

Is there any best practice or SAP method to cover this 'gap' in CUA enviroments?

I see a few option:

1) Create the RFCs under an alias which is the same accross the landscape. (e.g CUA_ECC for ECC RFC, CUA_SRM for SRM RFC, etc..)

2) Only transport empty Composite roles and include the single roles manually in each system.

Transport Composites including single with RFC format "<system.client> (DE1CLNT110) and adjust the target system RFC manually in the next system.

In our view option 1 comes closed to a workable solution. However, we would like to have an expert advice on best practice as we cannot imagine this is not an known issue.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>

> I see a few option:

> 1) Create the RFCs under an alias which is the same accross the landscape. (e.g CUA_ECC for ECC RFC, CUA_SRM for SRM RFC, etc..)

>

a.) prerequsite: you adapt every destination in every system (landscape) in SM59 in a different way, let's say:

ERP_DEV, destination CUA_ECC has IP-address XXX.XXX.X.1, in ERP_QAS the same destination CUA_ECC has IP-address XXX.XXX.X.2 and so on and in every target destination the same in reverse. you would have to adapt every port in every locgical system and i think this is where it all gets pretty yuk ... transparancy?? btw. if you are refreshing your QAS-systems via system-copy you will have to do this all over again with every copy.

b.) you can proceed in this way, if the major condition for such a concept is fulfilled = in all the target systems (children) the role addresses with this name is exactly the same = the role, once changed in (for example) SRM_DEV is immediately transported to SRM_QAS and SRM_PRD. if the role of the same name differes in the children, things get even more confusing than under a.), since you are addressing different roles by 'on the surface' using the same name and the same destination name, only a different IP in the destination. that makes for some cruel searching in case of errors.

>

> 2) Only transport empty Composite roles and include the single roles manually in each system.

> Transport Composites including single with RFC format "<system.client> (DE1CLNT110) and adjust the target system RFC manually in the next system.

>

> In our view option 1 comes closed to a workable solution. However, we would like to have an expert advice on best practice as we cannot imagine this is not an known issue.

>

> Thanks in advance,

>

> Thomas

or ... adapt only the destination in single roles on tab 'menu', field target destination. i have my LSMW for that purpose.

not an ideal solution either, i admit.

am curious now, how do others do that?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Tanks for answering.

However, I just found the solution myself. Basically you can define a fixed RFC or define a Variable in the target system field. In the transaction SM30_SSM_RFC you can define which Variable maps to which RFC destination. This transaction then needs to maintained in all systems according you needs. Using this method you do not need any action in the QA or PRD systems.

You can also find this under the SPRO activity:

Replace RFC destination variables in roles

Reagrds,

Thomas

0 Kudos

Please take note that there is a "gotcha" to this...

See:

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing! I had been looking that a while ago!

Cheers,

Julius