cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inactive connection in update rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How do I update my update rules for 0MATERIAL_ATTR in the production system (BW prod)?

I have attempted to transport the update from dev. I have the info object in the uodate rules, but not the connection to the source field.

How do I get the connection active in the update rules?

Best regards,

Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Fredrik,

is it master data 0material ?

have you transport datasource in r/3 dev to prod,

and replicate datasource to bw prod ?

and source system mapping done in TARGET system ? (bw prod),

some options for to do this :

- rsa1->tools->source system mapping or

- rsa1->transport connection->'conversion of log.system'(yellow box with 'x' and 'conversion' icon) or

- spro->bus info warehouse->transport settings->change source system name after transport (transaction rslgmp) or

- maintain table RSLOGSYSMAP (sm30)

if above isn't the case, try to transport with 'in dataflow before' for that object.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

However, I have done all your suggestions... Everything looks ok.

So I'm stuck with inactive update rules in both BW test and BW prod + I'm missing the connection to the source field for my own developed object.

In BW dev everything is perfect and I have tried to transport this... Nothing happens after import...

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fredrik,

Just try to reactivate the Transfer rules and Update Rules as it will pop up for a request ,Just try to have a replica of Datasource also, then tranport the same to Test Environment.

Hope this Helps.

Thanks,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fredrick,

Just a thought... Did you check if transport were successful? If cube transport fails, it leaves the update rules incative.

Also could you elaborate more - "I'm missing the connection to the source field for my own developed object."

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the masterdata update rule (0MATERIAL_ATTR) I have added an info object (ZZZUTGI). I have in the development system connected this to the source field (from communication structure) and then activated the update rule. So in dev it looks fine...

However, I can't seem to create a proper transport which transports the new update rule "connection" and activation to BW test and BW prod...

Any ideas appreciated..

Best regards,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reimport the same in the production.

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to open up production for this one... Strange... I really tried all options + did excactly as you all suggested.. Still the update rules in production wouldn't get activated...

Thanks!!!!

Best regards,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frederik,

create new transport from DEV for Update Rules( Make some change in the description or some space in the routine). Transport this request to production it will be rectified.

or try to import the previous transport again. When cube gets changed UR get deactivated. Try to reactivate the UR either by creating new transport or reimport the old one.

Last week i faced the same problem. i reimported the same transport i sloved my problem. one time i created new transport for UR, i imported in Production it's activated my UR.

all the best.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nagesh!

Best regards,

Fredrik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fredrik,

it is always advisable to change update rules in Development box and transport them.

Looks like, you do not have source field in production communication str. In that case you want to transport the InfoSource too. You can transport both the IS and update rules in the same transport.

Hope this helps.

Viren