cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice for a Patially incomplete sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have a sales order with say 3 line items. 1 line item has pricing incompletion and the rest 2 items are complete. i save the sales order with the incompletion. Then i create delivery for the 2 line items that are complete and post the PGI. The system allows me to do so and it is fine.

The problem comes when i try to invoice this delivery that has the completed items. It says that Sales Order number ##### has pricing incompletion. This makes me wonder why? I am invoicing the delivery which does not have that incomplete item. Why will the system look for incompletion from the sales order?

After looking into the Delivery to Invoice copy ctrl routine 004 at the item level, i found that it also checks for the pricing status of the reference sales order.

Has anyone faced this problem? Is there any other way out that modifying the routine?

Thanks

AriBis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
when i try to invoice this delivery that has the completed items. 
  It says that Sales Order number ##### has pricing incompletion

Unless you ticked for Complete Delivery in customer master and sale order, this error should not come in VF01. Perhaps, you can change the routine 003 or 001 instead of 004 at item level in VTFL and retry the whole process.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your problem can be solved by checking for pricing incompletion at item level instead of header level, By doing so the document will be complete at header level but incomplete at item level.

But it will llow you to do billing for those items which have completion status.

Remove the pricing related field from header incompletion procedure and maintain it at item level.

regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...the header is complete....in all aspects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the following could be the reason:

Since the Invoice is created with data flowing from Sales order and Delivery, SAP must not be allowing creation of Invoice against an Incomplete order.

You may also check the routines used in Copy control and ask your ABAPers to make some chnages so that system does not read an Incomplete order.

But I also feel that this is not the best practice and you should therefore not temper unless you have a regular Business requirement like this.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peeyoosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Peeyoosh,

Thanks for reply. But logically why should the other items have to wait for just 1 item which is incomplete.

I gave you an example of 3 items but actually my client has 40-50 items in a sales order and if 1 is incomplete, why should we be not able to invoice him the rest?

The sales order header does not have any incompletion in this case...only that particular line has incompletion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand but why the Sales order should be incomplete with regards to pricing? Normally pricing is finalised before the Order is received.

If it is due to some other reason e.g. availability of material, system will not stop you to create the Invoice.

ALSO I feel that since pricing from Sales order flows only into the Invoice and not in the Delivery document, so pricing at the Sales order has to be complete for creation of Invoice.

Another solution to this problem can be: change your Incompletion procedure so that pricing is not checked. But again this is not the best practice.

Regards,

Peeyoosh.

Edited by: Peeyoosh Jain on Sep 28, 2009 11:02 AM