cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while connection MDM 7.1 to SMD

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a warning during the setup of my diagnostics agent.

The following message is thrown during the setup:

90 seconds after restarting the WilyHostAgent the data of the following action is still missing in EM: - TCP

Please check SMDAgentApplication log files for warnings and errors.

What is the meaning of "-TCP"? Is there anything missing in the config?

Kind regards,

Bastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bastian,

This warning is a generic. TCP should be something related to network and related delays.(Transmission control protocol).

Please make sure that you get the host agent configured for your webview and all the datas are populated.(under Wily host agent).

as suggested by the setup, What does the log of SMD agent say? and check the connectivity for the SMD agent through Agent Administration ->(here also you can check the logs)

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is your issue solved ?

I am also having same warning and Wily Introscope is not populating data .

SMDAgentApplication.0.log is having the below error

-

Aug 5, 2010 1:10:04 PM [Thread[Thread-3,5,main]] Error FilesystemService_h:656254c5: Invalid root folder [/usr/sap/SID/null/]; System error message is: [Filesystem] File [/usr/sap/SID/null/] doesn't exist; canonical path is [/usr/sap/SID/null]

-

I am not sure from where is it getting the /usr/sap/SID/null ?

Thanks,

Srini

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Sorry for picking up this message after long time again.

I am also getting the same error in SMD Agent log:

Apr 19, 2011 1:48:35 PM [Thread[Thread-2,5,main]] Error FilesystemService_h:7612e9d2: Invalid root folder [/usr/sap/SID/null]; System error message is: [Filesystem] File [/usr/sap/SID/null] doesn't exist; canonical path is [/usr/sap/SID/null].

Please let me know if anyone have found solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have any solution to the problem?

I'm facing the same issue:

Step Wilyhost Agent Details

Created destination SocketDestination

Created action - TCP

Created 1 action(s).

1 Wilyhost Adapter(s) from host viescoa14 is connected to the Enterprise Manager(s).

90 seconds after restarting the Wilyhost Adapter the data of the following action is still missing in EM: - TCP

Please check SMDAgentApplication log files for warnings and errors.

Wilyhost Agent setup finished successfully with limitations. Data of at least one action is not available in Enterprise Manager

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Please follow chapter of the Landscape Guide "4.16 SAP MDM 5.5 SP06 and SAP Netweaver MDM 7.1" on page 38 to review your MDM configuration for system PMD. You are missing some important steps.

The guide is available at http://service.sap.com/diagnostics

-> media library

"SAP Solution Manager Landscape Setup Guide"

Please follow it completely. Basically the problems with MDM are caused by 2 common cases, described below:

Case 1: No correlation between the port generated in SAPAgentApplication.xml and the ncs.conf file.

The reponsible for connecting the nodes to Wily is the SAPAgentConfig. xml. You can view the file at Agent Administration -> com.sap.smd.agent.application.wilyhost -> com.sap.smd.agent.application.wilyhost

-> Select resource SAPAgentConfig.xml

-> Scope must be selected. Select the agent installed in the MDM system

Please check what is specified there. It is probably wrong, it should be the same from your ncs.conf.

You have two options:

1) alter this XML and upload it again in this very same screen.

2) alter the ncs.conf file to the same port in the XML, restart the MDM services.

The second option is recommended because if you rerun the setup wizard for this managed system the port will revert to the wrong one.

Case 2: The paths for the MDM are not according to the Landscape Setup Guide.

It may sound not important, but the lack of configuration in the Setup Wizard WILL CAUSE trouble. Please stick to the configuration guide and you will succeed!

Please don't forget to provide feedback here in the SDN!

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

Edited by: Guilherme Balbinot on Sep 27, 2011 11:04 AM

Edited by: Guilherme Balbinot on Sep 27, 2011 11:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I followed the exact method given in the document and checked all your points.But could not find the file ncs.conf in the system.