cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Name : Client Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys : developing a client proxy : after interface (sync interface) its asking for a package while creating ? what does it refer to ?

Krishna

P.S.: I already saw this blog /people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

did you create a package in SE80?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, this is first time i am deploying a proxy , i dont know the steps

What exactly does this package content refer to ?

Krishna

Message was edited by: Krishna poturi

Former Member
0 Kudos

krishna

As in the webblog mentioned once if you create the datatype, messagetype, and message interface and run the transaction code SPROXY you can see your software component. Then you click on outbound interface --> Right click --> Create --> Then it asks for a package name --> you give your own name --> Then it generates a Class and structures for your message type and data type.

Actually you would have created proxy to write some logic. So write the logic in it and activate it. If you know ABAP then thats ok. If not then you can take the help of any ABAPer for writing logic.

Once you are done then get it activated. Then put some sample test data and pass it to XI. Then XI converts that into XML and process further.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your inputs , i did this : 1. SE 80 Generated a package with an arbitrary name no code involved .

2. When creating proxy based on this its saying : "Object can only be created in SAP package" what does this mean ?

any clue ?

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this i should only use SAP Packages ?

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna

Once you right click and selected Create then you will be asked a package name. There just you type Z* and press F4. Then you can see all the packages which were already created. You can select one depending upon requirement. This is actually created by Basis guys or by ABAP guys. So contact them for creation of any new package. Or as michal said you create it by Tcode se80.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

package is where you want to create the proxy objects.

It is something like Function Group/Logical group.

<i>Packages are designed to help developers modularize, encapsulate, and decouple units in the SAP System. They are a further development of the concept of the development class used today and contain additional semantics.</i>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ba/f21a403233dd5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna

You can give your naming conventions for this package. It can start with ZF_ etc. You can start with Z and if it is Finance preceed with F_ and the any name. But if you only write the ABAP code then you should give on your own. If an ABAP programmer is writing code for you then he should know the pacakage name for which he is writing the code. So Check with him once.

Regards,

---Satish