cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI with Sap Enterprise 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Currently we are using Sap Enterprise 4.7 Kernel 6.20 . Now our company decided on ( Dash board Or web site ) which is developed by web developer in PHP ( Our web site developed in PHP and data Fetch from SAP into web site ) . We want to implement XI connected to SAP enterprise But I don't where to start and can not find the Document to connected XI with SAP 4.7 and what is the prerequisite related to XI in my environment

Please guide my

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not satisfied

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If You want to connect to SAP system and Website,using SAP XI you can ,

SAP XI providing standard Adapter IDOC/RFC adapters to read/insert data from SAP,but if you want to read /insert data from SAP if it is not stadard format better to go For ABAP Proxy.

To connect to website using SAP XI there are different options available depends upon your use case,

1)Using Receiver HTTP standard SAP XI Adapter we can send data to website.

2)Using server side java proxy , we can send data to WEB SITE.

3)if you are sending data ins Webservice fromat to the website better to use SOAP adapter.

can you explain you requirement bit clearly.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Thanks for reply; we are using sap enterprise 4.7 last 4 Years Our Company not want to upgrade from 4.7 to ECC6 till 2010.

We are purchased SAP XI license now want to integrate third party with sap ( PHP server or web site ). XI should be installed and configure in spread server. I am a basis person and want to integrate sap XI to my sap Enterprise 4.7 server.

First I will install SAP XI in different machine but after that what step I will do to connect sap XI with my sap 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally, you connect your SAP 4.7 to XI by creating RFC destinations in the SAP system, and exchange Idocs via these destinations (Maintain the partner model, ports in SAP and link the port to the RFC destination). For XI -> SAP, you additionally create an IDoc Receiver Adapter in XI which refers to this destination. For SAP -> XI, you just create an RFC destination in SAP of the proper type.

If you want to call RFC's from XI to SAP, you create an RFC receiver adapter in XI with the necessary logon parameters.

CSY

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Using XI you can conect to SAP 4.7,there is no issues,no need to upgrade ECC6.0.

When you want to conect to SAP 4.7 you need to create RFC Destinations,port details.LOGICA Systems in R/3 side as well as in XI side.

Then you need to create your R/3 SYSTEM as wenasabap system in SLD.

thats it,its very easy job,search in SDN you wil find good docs regarding the same.

Regards,

Raj