cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Make-to-Order Delivery Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a query on make-to-order scenario pertaining to the Delivery of Goods portion to the customer upon completion of production of finished goods and receipt in storage location of Plant.

Currently, Billing Plan is used in the configuration whereby downpayment (10%) is received prior to start of production for a sales order created. Subsequently, there is a Delivery portion where 40% is paid upon delivery of finished goods to customer. Then there is a Closing invoice portion of the remaining 50%.

After the production go through all the PP steps to manufacture a final finished goods ready for delivery to customer.

The subsequent steps are as followed: -

1. Create Delivery Order for Delivery of Finished goods.

2. Post Goods Issue.

3. Remove Billing Block in Sales Order Billing Plan.

4. Create Billing docs (wrt to Sales Order) for Delivery made.

5. Payment is received from customer upon delivery made.

6. Create Closing invoice (wrt to Sales Order) upon confirmed that the goods is in order.

In the usual scenario, this is okay, but the Document Flow is not updated correctly.

When all processes above has been completed, the Delivery Order remains in the status "Being processed" although Full Delivery has been performed and Closing Invoice has been created and payment cleared.

I found that the status is as such because the Delivery Document is not referenced to any Billing documents subsequently. However, as it is using Billing Plan, it has to be referred to the Sales Order to capture the amount to be billied. If I create a Billing Document with reference to the Delivery, it will reveal zero Net Value, as it is not relevant for Billing.

Please advise on any alternative that can be considered.

Please advice on the customization to be checked in order for the status to be updated as "Complete".

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Completion Rule as per the Item Category in VOV7.

Might be 'E' ( Item is completed after full Target Value is Referenced ) is maintained.

Kindly check.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Answers (0)