cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited material!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had a project which uses alot of materials to plan. I can't make all material numbers. because in bad case, that project is unapproved, I must delete all of them.

Please Give solution for this case.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While planning the project as mentioned in one of the previous post mention your planning value in the assignment tab page of the internal activity, and get an estimate for your bidding.If your are successfull in your bid, you can plan the material under that activity, the amount planned in that material will automaticall get reduced from the value you planned in the assignment tab page.But still if you dont want to create the material master, you can still plan the material by mentioning the material description in the item text which dont require a material master.But this can be done only for Non stock items.For planning stock items you require a material master to be created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create generic materials to be used for quotation purpose only for the all the projects you are biddding.

Regards,

B P Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please be a little clearer with your requirement. Have you created the project and are looking for deleting the materials in it or are wanting a strategy ct that can allow you to delete the materials in case of a bad project?

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My situation is that: I have to plan cost for a project which uses alot of materials for bidding. But in case of unsuccess, I will have to delete all materials that I have created. It wastes alot of time. (I mean, I don't want to create material on system)

So I want to ask that is there any solution which help me not to create alot of materials but I can still plan cost for this project?

thanks!

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You dont want to create materials, but still want to plan cost for it, then to my knowledge following options are available:-

1. if you are using network costing, then on assignment tab of activities, you maintain a cost in Matl Planning field.

2. You can use Detailed costing, where you can give direct value for each WBSE with respective to the Material cost element.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried to delete the materials in CJ20N.

Else you have created a PO for the materials...

- Pithan