cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What config to use for periodic transfer of transactional data using CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to do periodic transfer of transactional data from R/3 to APO using CIF? could you please tell me the path to do this configuration?

I was able to find the path in spro for periodic transfer of master data but cant find the one for transactional data.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mylene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

In APO customisation under, basic settings for data transfer, set

user parameters, make as collect changes.

Under transaction /sapapo/c5, enter order numbers or order

types for publishing the change pointers for transfer of the

collected data.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Meylene

could you also elaborate the business requirement for which you want such a functionality.

Normally during planning runs only the trasation data is stopped to APO from ECC by freezing the CIF ques. Other than

that a periodic transfer is used from plannign system to ECC by collecting change pointers and processing

them later as per the requirement or any changes that have to be done to the transaction data ( normallybecause of Z devlopents) and not the other way round. If you requirement is only for APO planning runs you can tray freezing the ques

other than that i would not recommend you to do a periodic transfer from ECC to APO untill or unless the requirement itself is very pressing.

-Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Thanks again for your reply. We will be getting our open sales order from non-SAP system. This will be a batch process (once a day before SNP cycle). Here is the thing, I want to capture forecast consumption so I need to get not just open sales order information but upto delivery and goods issue.

There is an existing interface now which is sending completed sales order from non-SAP to R/3 system. Once completed sales order is sent to R/3, automatic creation of delivery and GI will be processed in R/3 system. This is how I wanted to capture delivery and GI (through CIF from R/3).

So in summary, this is how I ma going to transfer sales order to APO:

1. open sales order will be extracted from non-SAP system and loaded to APO once a day

2. delivery and GI will be transferred to APO through CIF from R/3

Now, if my CIF is real time and my loading of file is by batch, I will be in a situation that open sales order are still in APO planning book but delivery and GI (withdrawal) might have already been posted. This will only be corrected once we load the new file the next day.

Hope this info clarifies my requirements. Thanks.

Regards,

Mylene