cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot see the default input help values in the preview mode ALDesigner P&F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm currently implementing a HCM PROCESS FORM process.

I'm wondering why I'm not able to see the default input help of a dropdown UI ISR element in the Preview mode within adobe live cycle designer.

I have linked my field with SAP-PA backend-service through Form Scenario.

Within adobe live cycle designer, in the Binding tab page and then Element Values, I entered the following value in the Objects field: $record.sap-vhlist.<Field

name>\.DATA\.FIELD.item[*], whereby <Field name> is the name of the form field. but cannot see any values...?

Could you provide me any help, advices on that.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Louis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

Please use hrasr_test_process to test your backend services as i mentioned your your duplicated thread.

regards,

Prakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakesh,

Thanks for reply but my question was how can I populate the dropdown default values for a field. Is it on the help_values method from the badi that I should write the code for populate dropdown default values?

could you provide me code example for a field so I can based on that. I must do it for all fields that have value help and coming from infotypes.

e.g.: Employee group dropdown.

Thanks in advance,

Louis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do that in two ways.

One is from PA services provided by SAP. Other one is you care create a Generic service to load the values.

1. In HRASR_DT tcode select the process and create the backend service for SAP_PA and add the field Employee group (PERSG ) by choosing IT 0001 and screen element then select the Input Help and check the box for PA service .

2. Create a backend service and create the BADI and inside that do the logic to load the Employee group from FM and bind the value to the field.

Please refer the Enhancement Implementation HRASR00_USER_NAME for the sample. Class CL_HRASR00_GS_USER_NAME.

see this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/82/b6b94278560c31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Kind Regards,

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Thanks for reply.One question, all the standard checks must be re-programmed in our badi??

e.g: when you select a "desired name format" in standard PA40 action the system fill in automatically fields like Correspondance name.

How can I do that in hcm Process & form??

Best regards,

Louis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do the validation and auto input via the Java script in the PDF.

Customized business logic checks need to be done in the BADI.

Kind Regards,

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are talking about "Customized business logic checks ", it's the custom code in user exit?

What about the standard customizing,checks done by SAP, How to get the same reaction within adobe form?

Shall I reproduce the sap standard stuff as well??

Thanks in advance,

Louis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The standard checks will be carried out by SAP_PA services.

The custom code has to be carried out in the BADI.

Kind Regards

Mukesh

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You keep asking the same question....

Do you now get how "preview" works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I would bet it's because you have no data for the input help at that time.

You are not running your program to provide data from the backend while in Preview mode. you only have access to the form, the code behind the fields and any embedded data (pictures, drop down values that you've specified INSIDE the form)...