cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Row/Cell Selection in WIB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when setting the row/cell selection to row in the layout parameters in the WIB, a new column with a radio button appears in the WEB App after all of the lead columns. In the Column heading there is a Delete Icon which acts as a push button. Is there a way to remove this icon from the column heading and replace it with some text? Also, is it possible to instead of having a radio button have a check box or selection tab to enable the end user to select more than one row at a time? I want to run planning functions against the rows selected by the end user but would prefer not to force them to do one at a time.

thanks,

Chuck Hall

BI Solution Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chuck,

You can get rid of the delete icon as follows using javascript:

Use 'view source' (right click in your web page) and search for the HTML code depicting your layout.

Search notepad for the string "Delete Selected Line".

When you find it, look for the td id value (i.e.,the id of the cell in which the delete icon is sitting in your layout).

It will look something like "<b>MYLAYOUTNAME</b>-1-1-cell"

Now, below the layout component back in the WIB, create a text component(HTML = true) and insert the following:

<script type="text/javascript">
//IF MY LAYOUT IS OPEN
if(document.getElementById("<b>MYLAYOUTNAME</b>-table")){

//FIND ITEM AND SET INNERTEXT ATTRIBUTE AS BLANK
document.getElementById("<b>MYLAYOUTNAME</b>-1-1-cell").innerText="";
}
</script>

You don't have to have the 'if' statement, but if you don't include the 'if layout is open' logic, then if your layout is not open and the system tries to execute the javascript statement, then you will start getting javascript errors.

Also, be aware that if you change your layout around, the cell in which the 'delete icon' exists may change, therefore you will need to update the javascript if you make config changes to the layout...

Good luck,

Rael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rael,

Worked like a charm. Thanks for your help.

Chuck Hall

BI Solution Consultant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195980
Active Participant
0 Kudos

delete icon.

only disappears when setting the layout to display data only. It might be possible to overrule this by adding a custom class to the web interface, which is also used to validate key figure entries. There is a bps-how-to for this, but i have not used it for anything else than validation.

would be so nice if there was a way to select multiple lines....

regards,

beat