cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in homogenious system Copy ECC6 EP4 SQL server- SAP:MIGJDMP:701:*.*.*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i am doiing a system copy of SAP ECC 6 EH4 SP 04 system with MSSQL 2005 server as back end, i have Abap and Java stack installed. i followed following steps while export

1. Generate DDL statement and put the file into specified folder

2. Select SAP Netweaver 7.0 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > MS SQL

Server > Source System Export > Based on AS ABAP and AB Java > Database and

Central Instance Export

Export happens nicely ( i want to make sure i used right tools for system copy for ECC 6 EH4).

Now i am trying to create a new system based upon this Export image but after choosing migration option (from migration / homogeneous copy) and through out to migration key step ( which i am not filling in, i think its not compulsory in the installation steps) there is one place where we need to specify package location,

there it is asking for another package which i have no idea what is this, the Error message reads as below

"you hav eto specify a valid location for requested package SAP:MIGJDMP:701:..*

Specify location which contain the right LABEL.ASC."

Am i missing any other step in the system Export or missing any DVD or do i need to provide migration key compulsory to overcome this step?

i know DB copy is an alternative but i want to apply for this.

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MIGJDMP means "Migration Java Dump" - you may point to the export\JAVA directory directly. That directory should contain a LABEL.ASC with that label.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

We haven't created any Export for Java from source system, we allready assigned this Java folder (created from Cds '51037093_X'), but the error we are getting is after initial two package assignment (one for Export image and other one for Java), but after Migration key step its again asking us for another package where we first tried same Java folder (from cds '51037093_X') and then we tried with installation master folder (created from market place CDs numbers '51036902_X' ) but that too didn't worked. I am not sure if we copied the right sequence of CDs from market place or did we followed the right steps for creating System image?

Will wait for your reply.

Mani

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> We haven't created any Export for Java from source system, we allready assigned this Java folder (created from Cds '51037093_X'),

That doesn't work, you can't use both the ABAP export you made plus the Java export from the DVDs. This wouldn't be a copy,right?

Read the system copy guides, you have to select "ABAP + Java system" on the export side and the same for the import. Otherwise the system would be not a copy.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

but at one point in import steps its asking for Java components CDs dump, or i am not following the right path from where to select Import .

Mani

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> but at one point in import steps its asking for Java components CDs dump, or i am not following the right path from where to select Import .

True, it asks for the standard DVD and it asks for the export dump. The "MIGJDMP" is for the Java export you should have done on the source system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having the same issue as Mani (ECC6, EP4 and SQL Server 2005). During the system export, we've already specified the export based on ABAP + Java. But for some reason, the export dump only gives us one ABAP folder and a LABELIDX.ASC file. Even though the export was successful, when we try to import the dump into a new system, it keeps prompting us for the export file SAP:MIGJDMP:701:*. Does anybody know what could be wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Mamie

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are having the same issue as Mani (ECC6, EP4 and SQL Server 2005). During the system export, we've already specified the export based on ABAP + Java. But for some reason, the export dump only gives us one ABAP folder and a LABELIDX.ASC file.

So the Java is an AddIn or a separate instance on the same system?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for your quick reply. I double check again with the person who installed the source system and realized that our source system is only based on ABAP. So I redo the import again based on ABAP and it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Can you throw some light on the below thread?

Regards,

Raja. G

Answers (0)