cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to extract oracle.sar file in Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am aware of installing sap components in windows platform but now as a first time i am installing in linux environment.

I am getting issues in oracle installation.

First i have installed Red hat linux 5 and started trying to install Oracle. In the source files of oralce (8.1.7.4) is sar file type, so I have downloaded the sapcar file from SMP for the linux platform but sapcar in SMP i can see the file type as exe file. I am not sure file type exe will support in linux.And also i made sure that owner and group have right access.

But still i tried by extracting the oracle.sar file but its throwing an error as bash. SAPCAR file not found.

I am sure --> I have placed the sapcar file in the same directory as oracle source file were placed and also I am sure I am trying to extract the this file in the same directory in command prompt.

Even I placed this sapcar file in environment variable = path.

Kindly advice me where the problem is.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check that the SAPCAR binary is executable? (chmod 775)

Are you sure you downloaded the version for X86_64 instead of the versions for IA64 and Power?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Yes I have downloaded the x86_64 bit and also changed the mode as 777.

Planned to install the environment (4.7E with oracle 8i in red hat linux) - System copy purpose.

So, I have installed the red hat linux 5 and now started to install oracle 8i. I have tried to unextract the oracle.sar file there i got this error and now i am geting the different error after changing the environment variable - path.

The error is SAPCAR: error while loading shared libraries:libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2:cannot open shared object file:no such file or directory

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved on my own

This solved my problem..SAPNOTE 722273

When using R3SETUP to install older product releases, you might encounter an error looking like this:

[...] error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In this case, run the following command as the root user to create a symlink to the newer version of the library:

ln -s libstdc+-libc6.2-2.so.3 /usr/lib/libstdc+-libc6.1-1. so.2

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do a

which SAPCAR and that should give you the path of SAPCAR if it is in the path.

Else do a

./SAPCAR to force it to look in its own directory

or

<Path>/SAPCAR

Pravin