SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. project tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am a new starter in SAP ISU and need few clarifications. Could you please answer my below queries.

1) Who (consultant) defines the Postal, political and Company organization structures in an ISU project?

2) What is the common process followed in importing postal data into SAP?

3) Can you give me a brief intro into how a SAP ISU Project implementation is different from other SAP Projects?

Please help me with any other documents or resource which can give me a fair idea of how a SAP ISU project is carried out and how consultant roles differ.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Who (consultant) defines the Postal, political and Company organization structures in an ISU project?

Device Management Consultant will work with Client Business Analyst to sketch political structure

Organization structure driven by multiple area of expertise such as FICA, Billing, HR,Customer Service and CRM (also SD if necessary)

EMIGALL - IS-U data migration workbench is commonly used to import data from legacy system into IS-U. Also you need to interface with postal software to verify zip codes whenever you create or change address.

3) Can you give me a brief intro into how a SAP ISU Project implementation is different from other SAP Projects?

If you are using ASAP methodology then there will be no difference. But the difference is people knowledge. People with just core SAP knowledge will face lot of challenges while interacting with client. Unless you have learned to speak utility languages, it will be hard to understand their requirement and design accordingly during blueprint phase . Same thing applies for realization phase also.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Device Management Consultant will work with Client Business Analyst to sketch political structure

Organization structure driven by multiple area of expertise such as FICA, Billing, HR,Customer Service and CRM (also SD if necessary)

EMIGALL - IS-U data migration workbench is commonly used to import data from legacy system into IS-U. Also you need to interface with postal software to verify zip codes whenever you create or change address.

If you are using ASAP methodology then there will be no difference. But the difference is people knowledge. People with just core SAP knowledge will face lot of challenges while interacting with client. Unless you have learned to speak utility languages, it will be hard to understand their requirement and design accordingly during blueprint phase . Same thing applies for realization phase also.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Friend for your elaborate reply.

I have an electrical designer background in an electrical company. I designed few electrical devices. Do you think this adds values to my SAP ISU CV? I have been googling for some ISU DM interview questions but in vain. Could you help me with some FAQs or give me an idea on to prepare from an interview perspective. Kindly share some documents which you think will aid my preparation for interview.

0 Kudos

SAP IS-U CV? So if at all it adds value you will be in the market with some tons of experience on your CV? What do you think this forum is again?

Do not take an easy route to get a job. It may help you in the short term but in the long term you will definitely fail. So work hard and prove yourself rather than relying on some interview questions.

Please refrain from posting such threads.

Edited by: BPXAdmin on Oct 1, 2009 5:18 AM