cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when executing BEx queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have installed Support Pack 16 on one of our systems (Sandbox) and we are facing problems when running BEx queries. If I right click on a char and select filter value, I keep getting an error message 'Error when reading data of InfoProvider ZBC10'.

When I run the same query in either Dev or QA system, this error does'nt occur.

I have checked the master data for the char. and have tried to generate the query in RSRT. Nothing helps. I have even checked the query optimization option and this is fine too.

Any clues? Has anyone experienced this before?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Go to RSSM and make sure the Cube is not Auth checked in the InfoProvider section.

Run ST01. Activate Autoization Trace.

Then run the query & trace and check.

Here, try LISTCUBE, etc.

Apart from there, I cannot tell you much as of now.

Good luck.

Ram Chamarthy.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

1) Were you able to get Characteristics for Filters in transcation: LISTCUBE.

2) Were you able to get Characteristics for Filters in transcation: RSRT.

3) Is it for a particular query or all queries on that InfoProvider or all queries in general.

4) Test activating Master Data that Characteristic.

This may not solve the problem, but will get you closer so solution.

Good luck,

Ram Chamarthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your input. The problem was resolved in a different way. The cause of the error was not due to any system settings or authorization Objects. It was due to a customer exit variable being used in the query. When the query was executed, a few warnings were displayed and I did'nt know that the Char. error and these warnings were connected.

Once I resolved the issues abt customer exit warnings, this error disappeared too!!

Thank you for your input once again. I will definitely use this info when checking for future errors

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

try to run RSRV for that infoprovider ZBC10,

and there is button 'repair' to fix if you found any errors. also run RSRV for that characteristic.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AHP and Ram,

I tried all what you have suggested, but nothing has changed. I still get the same error message.

Ram: In RSSM, In the very first subscreen/form I entered the name of the InfoCube, selected the Check for InfoCubes radio button and clicked on the display mode. I see nothing checked

In the very same transaction, in the second subscreen/form for Authorization Objects. I entered the name of the InfoProvider beside the Checks for InfoProvider text and clicked on display. Only 2 objects are checked here. ZBWRPTAUTH and ZDOCTYPE. I think these are necessary since they are checked in the QA system too.

THe trace in ST01, did not help much

AHP: There is no special tree structure for InfoProviders, I looked under transaction data. THere are no errors and also the characteristic had no errors either

Am I missing something else?