cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are the disadvantages with bpm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi expters...........

i searched in sdn this question, but i didn't get any information.

can any one tell me "what are the disadvantages with bpm"?

thank you

Edited by: XI FRESHER on Sep 26, 2009 3:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BPM needs to be used if the process supports the need for it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/d92e428819da2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

if there is a deviation from the above mentioned checklists its better to avoid BPM. So rather than saying BPM has disadvantages i would say that it has to be used in the correct manner else it might turn to be a nightmare.

usually if dealing with large messages, BPM is typically seen to be quite low on performance

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look this blog -

XI ccBPM Performance: under-perform or out-perform?

/people/swen.conrad/blog/2006/12/22/xi-ccbpm-performance-under-perform-or-out-perform

It focus on both the sides of BPM. Better not ask "what are the disadvantages with bpm?" , You could have asked "What are the circumstances, where BPM should be avoided". I hope you don't mind.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Edited by: sunil chandra on Sep 26, 2009 9:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi exptets..........

I have been asked this question by one xi expert so can any help me what are disadvantages exactly in bpm?

thank you

Edited by: XI FRESHER on Sep 27, 2009 1:13 PM

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In short, BPM is based on stateful message processing i.e. The status of BPM instance is persisted on integration server ,which makes it a memory intensive process. Thus it consumes a lot of resources. So BPM should be implemented only if really required. If not designed properly, it leads to a bottleneck or performance issue.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rather than saying disadvantages of using BPM ,we need to decide the factors for going to the BPM

Runtime engine consumes lot of resources in executing the integration process as it integration engine passes to the business process engine for execution of the same,which will consume lot of resources internally..

so its advisable to cross check the list of factors before going to BPM and also need to avoid using BPM if that scenario can be done with out using BPM .

Check the below link of sapfor checklist of BPM

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c9/775b3b82646c3ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

HTH

Rajesh