Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

companies activate QM after they have already implemented the MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I read the help portal on the following:

In some cases, companies activate QM after they have already implemented the Materials Management (MM) and Inventory Management (MM-IM) components productively. As a result, materials may have been posted to inspection stock type using the functions of the inventory management.

In such cases, you can only activate inspection types for stock-relevant materials if you perform ONE of the following steps:
Step 1 -  Post the goods out of inspection stock manually using the functions of the inventory management before you try to activate a stock-relevant inspection type. 

Step 2 -  Activate the desired stock-relevant inspection type(s) using the function for making mass changes to the inspection settings. 

My question

1 - After step 1, how to make the stock post back into the Inspection Lot?

2 - How, which tcode and step to perform on step 2, and what is the things to be aware of on this mass changes?

Thanks

Karen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Karen

1 - After step 1, how to make the stock post back into the Inspection Lot?

2 - How, which tcode and step to perform on step 2, and what is the things to be aware of on this mass changes?

I thing this blog is more or less referring to QA08 T code.

If say there is one stock relevant inspection type say 01,now activate 01 through QA08

QA08->mass Processing->Activate Inspection stock>enter inspection type>f8--->save

I hope this will add some value

Sujit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, sujit,

Just to double confirm.

Does the following steps correct based on your direction:

Letu2019s say for example, there are 200pcs of material A (i.e. this material A is going to be executed using QM functionality) currently reside at a storage location in QA stock type (i.e. IM stock type, not the QM stock type). 
And I would like to use the inspection type 01 to trigger a inspection lot for this 200pcs

I execute the following steps:

1 u2013 move the QA stock type of the 200pcs out of the QA stock type from its existing storage location to another storage location.

2 u2013 activate the 01 inspection type using QA08 for this particular material in this plant.

Does the above steps correct based on my example?

thanks

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes steps are correct