cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results row Formula Collision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a report where there are three key figures in 3 columns. Column 3 is (value in column a)/(value in column b). That is if a,b,c are values c = a/b. Now my problem is this. In the results row for this column I want the same formula to be applied. That is results row value should be (a1a2a3---an)/(b1b2b3----bn) instaed of the average of column c. I tried all settings of formula collision and still I am not getting the value I want. Any suggestions please?

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

In the properties of the formula select Result of this formula or Result of competing formula from the formula collision dropdown to either give the formula priority or take away priority

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

As written earlier I have tried the following. 1. Keeping the formula column single value - not defined. results not defined. formula collision not defined. I also tried the formula collision results from this formula, result from competing formula. No change I am not getting what I want. I tried selecting the result as summation, average of all values average of non zero values and still I do not get the result I want. I read in this forum some earlier postings that there is some bug and SAP is aware of it. Any idea on this?

Ram

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

i don't know about the bug which you mentioned but i have also tried with different options againest formula collision without success...but i remember that once it worked for me in bw 3.3 version.now we are in 3.5

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Formula Collision Works if one has 2 different structure in the query.

Not on Result Rows, which are calculated by OLAP Engine.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at this thread:

thanks