Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material purchasing texts not pulling through to PO

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We have the material PO texts from the material master being pulled through onto the line items of PO's.

When the PO is saved and print preview is executed the text is not displayed. I have tested FM read_text with the correct key and no return, I also look on table STXH and no key exists.

However, when I return to the PO and click on the PO line item texts tab (not necesarily the one with the text in) and then click print preview the text is output. For some reason the automatic population of the text filed only occurs when the text tab is clicked on. Anyone else ever come across this problem?

Regards.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony,

I think what happens is that the PO creates a reference for the texts that points to the relevant material texts. So, in the ME23n transaction it fetches that ref. materials texts and displayes the same. The texts are not copied physically on to the PO, that is why SAP Script / Form is unable to pick it up.

Look at the copy routines and see of the texts can actually be copied from the material to the PO. However, the changes done to the material texts there after will not reflect in the PO. Check with your functional contact on this.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers