SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Posting Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our scenario, we only have released budgets. But when I try to post a budget document (for a grant), i am not able to post it. I am able to place the document on 'hold' - but when i try to post it or prepost it the system gives me an error saying "No changes have been made".

As far as i can tell, all the settings on the FM BCS side as well as the GM side seem to be in order.

Please help!!!

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

My problem still persists - can you guys please help.

Additional information to the problem listed above: I realized that even though i am getting the error 'no changes made' when i try to save / post / prepost a document, the action is actually taking place. In other words, if create a budget and hold the document and then try to post it, even though i get the error, the document is being posted (i was able to confirm this by trying to view existing posted budget documents). I have checked and checked all i could - but havent found what the problem could be.

The whole thing doesnt make sense to me at all.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks.

AJ

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

My problem still persists - can you guys please help.

Additional information to the problem listed above: I realized that even though i am getting the error 'no changes made' when i try to save / post / prepost a document, the action is actually taking place. In other words, if create a budget and hold the document and then try to post it, even though i get the error, the document is being posted (i was able to confirm this by trying to view existing posted budget documents). I have checked and checked all i could - but havent found what the problem could be.

The whole thing doesnt make sense to me at all.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks.

AJ

0 Kudos

Hi,

What SAP package are you using and what's the code of the error message?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Eli,

Thanks for your response.

We have ECC 6.0.

Here is the error that I have copied and pasted below:

No changes were made

Message no. NR009

Thanks again,

AJ

0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like something goes wrong with the number range for budget documents. Can you check if all 3 BCS number ranges are properly defined for your FM area? You can view them via transactions:

FMEDNR

FMLINR

FMEDFAMNR

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

I did check all the three number ranges on the FM side and the two on the GM side and I cannot see anything that could be wrong.

The FM number ranges seem to be open for the current fiscal year.

Do you have any ideas as to what may be going wrong? Or if there is anything specific that you want me to look into for the number ranges, then please let me know.

Thanks.

AJ

0 Kudos

No, I'm afraid, I cannot help further. Looks like an issue for OSS...

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these IMG activities and documentation:

Grants Management->Grantee Management->Budgeting and Availability

Control->Budgeting

Maintain Number Range Interval for Entry Documents

(Make any additions or changes you require)

Maintain Number Range Interval for Budget Change Documents

Requirements

Use Number range 01 for GM budget change documents.

Enter 01 and not 1 as the number range.

Only internal number allocations are valid. You must not set the Ext

(external number allocation) indicator

Hope this will help. Sorry for the late reply

Regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Thank you so much!!!!

It works now - I had a different number range for budget entry vs. budget change documents on the GM side. Once i made them the same (01), it started working.

Thank you thank you....

AJ