Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME synch with CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are any issue with UME synch with ABAP CUA? If I have one CUA should I point all of my UMEs (Java instances to a single ABAP instance).

Does anyone have any experience with CUA and java? What architecture issues should I be aware of>

Thanks

Mikie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

See also the recommendations here in the Help Portal documentation:

[Adding an AS Java System to Your System Landscape|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/74/642441cd87a12be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

-Michael

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theoretically you can do this for ABAP UME users, but there is a big "gotcha":

Java systems don't have the same client concept as an ABAP system, and what is behind the ABAP role mapping on the Java side is not known to the ABAP system and may even differ.

The consequence is that if you point multiple Java UME's to one ABAP CUA system's client dependent user store... then assigning a role to the user will assign it in all Java systems, depending on what is mapped behind it.

Using a <SID> naming conventions for Java systems within the ABAP roles is not scalable and there are many standard roles anyway.

A consideration I have heard of was to use a multiple of ABAP clients, one for each Java system, but that might not be scalable as a solution either unless you are sure you will only have limited number of Java landscapes and systems.

Instead of trying to support such a workaround yourself, you will be better off looking into an IdM. See the thread at the top of the forum page about Identity Management (IdM).

Cheers,

Julius

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

See also the recommendations here in the Help Portal documentation:

[Adding an AS Java System to Your System Landscape|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/74/642441cd87a12be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

-Michael