cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u00BFThis is standard on WM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning, I would please a friend I can tell if this is standard on WM.

I have storage type that operates as entry strategy "P, PALLETSu201D, for this storage types there two storage bin type U1 and U2.

He also handled the following types of storage units: T1, T2.

The storage bin U1 support type storage units T1 and storages bin U2 support type storage units T2.

A level of material master data in palletizing data for example for a specific material I posted the following:

10 UN T1.

20 UN T2.

I need to enter material the system first search storage bin that can support the type storage unit specified the first in data palletizing and then storage bin that can support the type storage unit specified the second in the data master material.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Richard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What aere you speaking about exactly? Storage type/section/bin search?

In this case system won't see material master (master data) but the the storage unit/quant in WM since system has to place the SU into a bin and not material master.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll explain with an example

Of Material A enter 100 units and data palletizing are:

10 UN T1.

20 UN T2.

The system is only able to locate 6 Storage bins what support the storage type unit T1 then only allocates 60 units, then search storage bins that support the storage type unit specified the second in data palletizing T2 and get two storage bins and allocates the others 40 units.

¿Is it possible to make the system do this?

very grateful for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Richard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try this and revert.

Define 2 Bin Sections A & B in SPRO "Define Strategy for Pallets". Maintain 6 sections under A & 2 sections under B.

Now in Assign "Bin Types and Storage Unit Types", Assign U1 & T1 combination to Bin section A and U2 & T2 combination to Bin section B.

Nagesh

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

It is standard SAP to define:

- storage type search

- storage section search

- storage bin searc

In "SPRO > LE > WM > Strategies > Activate Storage Bin Type Search" you can define which storage types are allowed for your storage bins. So, SAP will use the bin only if you defined the storage unit type for it.

E.g.

Bin1 T1

Bin2 T2

--> SAP can only use Bin1 if you use T1 for your material (it is defined in the quant) and Bin2 if T2 is used for the quant.

So, you can achieve your goal by standard settings. (Please take care that during palletization you have to use the proper storage unit type.)

You can also define several storage types for one bin, you can even define sections for one storage bin. Please check SAP online help for details:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f844694afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f846834afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (0)