cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer structure sequence for Flat File

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering is it realy important to maintain particular sequence in DS/TR str. for InfoObjects which are set up for getting constant value in TR rules. I am having trouble loading flat file. TR str. has some compounded characteristics like 0Fisvar for 0Fiscper and 0Co_area for 0profit_ctr both getting fix value in transfer rules. how to maintain flat file and TR str. sequence?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi V:

Murali said it right. The reason I don't add them where ever I want is becasue, Flat Files comes from Third Party Perople to us. They won't change them.

Good luck.

Ram Chamarthy

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can add them in transfer structure in any sequence but make sure that flat file should be same...So if you have large number of infoObjects in Flat file and if its difficult to change the sequence,then change the sequence of transfer structure accordingly which mataches to sequence of flat file.

hope this helps!

thanks

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vishan,

yes, transfer structure sequence for flat file is 'everything', it have to agree with the flat file format.

if you have no column/fields for these infoobjects in flat file, and remove it from transfer structure,

and populate with constant, e.g for 0fiscvarnt = K4.

or you add column(s) in your flat file and fill with that constant value.

hope this helps.

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishan,

This is what I used to do.

If there is a compounded InfoObject or Key Figure that requires a unit (even though in your case, the compounded InfoCObject & the unita are always the same), You "need" add them in TS.

After adding them, this is what I will do:

Move them around to match the Flat File structure.

Now, the fields that are always constants & not coming from Flat Files, move them to the end.

They will be ignored. Your TR will populate them.

If you get an error now, that means your Flat File is not formatted correctly, apart from that, you are fine.

Ram Chamarthy

Message was edited by: Ram Chamarthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram,

I was attempting diff sequences after posting this question, placing them at end worked for me too. But my initial thought was that It wouldn't make any difference to place them anywhere in the sequence. I welcome to receive any further comments.

Thanks