cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchies and VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using infocube CO-OM-CCA: COST AND ALLOCATIONS.

I'm trying to populate a combo box, with the OCOSTCENTER hierarchies, and an other with the 0COSTELEMT hierarchies attached to the cost center.

I know how to dynamically populate a combobox, but I can't figure out how to do this for hierarchies. Can anyone help me with this issue? I've read the srill down, drill up doc, and it doens't help.

Or maybe i should use a BAPI to do this? If yes, where (what table) are the hierarchies stocked in? Is there a program or function that lists them?

Thank you very much

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope you have already refer this document -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index;jsessionid=(J2EE3417200)ID0722239850DB11905841631935928510End?r...

Then have you refered appendix at the end of this document? It works as per shown in the document.

As per my understanding you want to show it as combobox, but if you show it as 1 column of table it will work as you want & it will look like combobox.(Just select that hierarchy field in the table). If you have any problem in 'Syntax' you can share it, then we can solve this issue.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for you answer.

Well i tried the whole thing but it's not working to my linking. When i press drill down or drill up, it only does it for the topest level. No matter that i select a lower lever and try to drill that level it's still does it for the 1rst level only.

Here is the the formula i used

'FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=0COSTCENTER;FILTER_VALUE='&#ID[ACC8N7]@Cost_Center_key&';FILTER_COLLAPSE= ;FILTER_IOBJNM=0COSTCENTER;CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D3%26IOBJNM%3D0COSTCENTER%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

AND

'CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D'&NSTR(#ID[ACD8CJ]@Cost_Element_key,'B')&'%26IOBJNM%3D0COSTCENTER%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

What am i doing wrong? some help would really be appreciated.

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Modify your code as below -

find expression "'FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=0COSTCENTER;FILTER_VALUE" & replace with "'FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=0HIER_NODE;FILTER_VALUE

Also find expression "FILTER_COLLAPSE= " there is space after the '='. I think this will work for drill down. Drill up works in same manner, no solution.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much,

I had found the solution after reading the document, and forgot to come here to say it.

I'm still giving you maximum points for the help you gave me!

Thanks a lot again

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khadija , I am also trying to use Cost center hierarchy as selection through a combo box, Could you provide a step by step detail of how you achieved this?

I am trying to get the cost center details using the same infocube you used, to see plan vs actuals data, by cost center group/Cost centers. When I deployed the model, I get error as"Nested values, Invalid variable values"

This is what I did. Please correct me whereever I went wrong.

Create a BI query, with 0costcenter as hierachy char. and as variable in the filer tab, to be able to input during execution.

On the VC follow the steps as per document and also tried to update thw code as mentioned by Sandeep.

The above error message apprears and I do not see any data.

Not sure where is the error...

KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello KS,

Sorry to answer this late. I haven't been abble to put the hierarchy values in a combobox. instead i've done as Sandeep proposed, and displayed them in a table.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khadija / Sandeep,

I tried to display the data in output table but it is not working. The error messge when I click the "Up" or "Down" button is "Nested Exception- Invalid Variable values".

Please guide me with step my step, as I am not sure where the error is.

- I created a BI query - with Cost center as Row (Hierarchy activated)

- Plan, actual and variants in Currency as columns

- assigned a selection variable for cost center in query

- Fiscal year is another selection variable for query

On the VC model,

The input I choose a 'start' function and the output I choose Cost center, Actual cost, plan cost and variance as other fields for output, to display on table.

The output of table is connected to input of data service and added the codes as mentioned, in the webapi formula field.

I tried with both with and without Variable selection for the VC model and the data is collected and reported for the initial selection.

But with the "up" or "down", the above error message comes and there is no data output.

Please verify the steps which I have done and let me know if you can spot where the error is.

Many thanks in advance.

KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KS,

Could you please put the code you have added in the up and down buttons? I had the same problem because i was not puttin the right key in FILTER_VALUE. Maybe you are making the same mistake....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khadija,

Here are the codes.

For DrillDown:

'FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=0HIER_NODE;FILTER_VALUE='&#ID[ACCCS]@Cost_Center_key&';FILTER_COLLAPSE= ;FILTER_IOBJNM=0COSTCENTER;CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D2%26IOBJNM%3D0COSTCENTER%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

For Drillup:

'CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D'&NSTR(#ID[ACCCS]@Cost_Center_node_level,'B')&'%26IOBJNM%3D#ID[ACCCS]@Cost_Center%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

Hope you can help.

Many Thanks

Regards KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the drill up, check the char_tech_name, i think it is supposed to be 0COSTCENTER

Edited by: Khadija Sako on Oct 8, 2009 2:53 PM

Answers (0)