cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uregnt - How to Load Flat File into BW-BPS using Web Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have followed the 'How to Load Flat File into BW-BPS using Web Browser' guide to build BSP web front-end to upload flat file. Everything works great but we have a requirement to populate the Planning Area Variables based on BSP drop down list with values. Does anyone know how to do this? We have the BSP coded with drop down list all we need to do now is populate variables. We can populate the variables through the planning level (hardcoded) but we need to populate them through the web interface.

Thanks,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...in WAD this is possible. I am not sure about BPS.

Create a query with those variables. Then use this query on WAD (display or without display). Select the dropdown item in WAD. It has a option for variables. Input the desired variables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gary,

i need to upload the flat file by bps web please let me know how can i achieve,this,previously we are using gui,it is working fine for gui,please let me know how can i do it on web.where i need to change,please let me know clearly,full points will beawarded.

thanks

bharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

We have acheived the desired result by not too a clean method but it works for us.

What we have done is, we have the link to load file in a page where the variables can be input. The user would then have the option to choose the link to load a file for the layout in that page.

By entering the variable values in the page, we are able to read the variables for the file input directly in the load program.

Maybe this approach might help.

Sunil