The following is from SAP document - Upgrade Master Guide SAP MII 12.1:

To implement the following SAP MII business

scenarios, you must use SAP ECC 6.0 or

higher:

- Shop Floor Quality Integration

- Content Versioning

- Transactions for BAPI Consumption

Clarification:

We are looking into upgrading from MII 12.0 to 12.1 and have not upgraded to ECC 6.0. Concerning ECC 6.0 requirement for business scenerio "Transactions for BAPI Consumption", does this mean MII 12.1 does not support calling BAPIs via MII transactions unless you have ECC 6.0 or higher?

Also, I assume JCO is no longer supported by 12.1, only JRA for ECC BAPI communication?

Any clarifications would be appreciated!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

The install guides usually point to the latest release of ERP systems (i.e. ECC). However, many companies won't be upgrading their ERP systems just for MII MII 12.1 can connect to older versions with some limitations (depending how old your ERP is). Your use of BAPI's in JCo calls should be ok. I would always check the Netweaver CE area on the Service Marketplace for any new notes regarding JCo/JRA connectivity.

As for your second question....JCo is still supported in 12.1. JRA is an extension of JCo so it is the future way of connecting to ECC systems. You can read more on it in the NW CE section of the online help.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin,

I assume the statement "MUST use ECC 6.0 or higher" for Content Versioning and Shop Floor Quality Integration does not apply as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. SAP recommends having the latest release/patch of a software package for testing and validation purposes. MII 12.1's content management connection is really with NWDI as the business scenario states (not really ECC). Regarding the QM module, you should be able to hook into that without a problem as well.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin