cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No return Message from SYNCHRONOUS Inbound Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a JDBC -> SAP -> JDBC scenario where the data is read by PI from an Oracle DB and sent to SAP over an inbound proxy. this data is inserted in Custom table correctly but no return message is getting generated.

I am populationg the output parameter but no avail.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Tarun Bahal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Make sure you have both the interfaces as synchronous and you use the method execute_synchronous in your proxy. If you use execute_asynchronous you will not get any response. Also try to debug the proxy whether it is sending any response data or not.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both Inbound and outbound interfaces are sync.

It is a Sync proxy and only method available is EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS with inbound and outbound parameters.

I am able to retrieve data from INBOUND parameters and populate my custom table also i am populating the outbound parameters but no return message is visible in SXI_MONITOR.

I tried testing but still no avail.

former_member322289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi...

I guess you're written the out like this...

OUTPUT-(messagetype-fields) = "TEST".

in synchronous Scenarios that's the way...

You Don't have to call ANY method...

you call the method on ASYNC Scenarios.

Regards

Edited by: Guillermo Stortoni on Sep 25, 2009 8:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats exactly what i have done..........

there is no method to call..

I am consuming the data in INPUT Parameter and populationf fields of OUTPUT parameter.

but there is no message generated as return.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case u should be able to check your syncronous message in sxmb_moni from SAP to JDBC . If it is not visible then check u r Integration engine administration for syn message settings.

It seems the structure u have cretaed for receiving the output and the actual XML structure returned after the JDBC call are not matching.

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have checked and recheked.......... the structures are correct and if there was a mismatch in structures then i should ideally get an error but i cant see a return message in SXI_MONITOR. What config shoud i be checking for for Sync Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does parameter 'LOGGING_SYNC' for category 'RUNTIME' is set for syncronous message logging? It is necessary to view syncronous messages in SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Have you called COMMIT WORK. Without this, you need to call commit work after calling EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS.

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

The parameters in Category RUNTIME ARE SET COrrectly to 1.

there is not message generated and nothing is availaible in Return Communication Channel, SXI_MONITOR in ECC or SXMB_MONI in PI Server.

Are there any prerequisites for the return message to be generated.

and I have a Commit WORK Statement after populating the OUTPUT Parameter at the end of the method.

Edited by: Tarun Bahal on Sep 29, 2009 7:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I M asorry but i just checked and in the SXI_MOnitor when i look at the incoming message, Under TYPE i have 'Asynchronous'.

althought the proxy is generated for a Sync Service Interface and method generated is also EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS.

is there any other configuration or step that i have missed.

Please let me know

Regards,

Tarun Bahal