cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 7.0 on Windows 2008 (SQL server 2008)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just installed the ABAP server on the Windows 2008 (standard) with SQL server 2008 as back end. The installation was smooth, however, when I ran the transaction SICK I got the following error

"OS release Windows NT 6.1 7600 4x AMD64 Level 6 (Mod 23 Step 7) is not supported with this kernel (701)".

I checked the PAM and ot mentions that 7.0 is supported in windows 2008

Any pointers please?

Thanks,

Reid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> "OS release Windows NT 6.1 7600 4x AMD64 Level 6 (Mod 23 Step 7) is not supported with this kernel (701)".

You use Windows 2008 R2 (it's Windows Kernel 6.1) - which is not supported:

> I checked the PAM and ot mentions that 7.0 is supported in windows 2008

Yes - Windows 2008 is supported - but not the R2 version.

See "Note 1383873 - Windows Server 2008 R2 Support"

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the note 1383873 and installed the kernel downloads attached to the note. I am still getting the error.

Just want to find out, if anyone has successfully installed CRM 7.0 on Windows server 2008 R2 version?

If so, if they can post the steps that they did to upgrade the kernel to bypass the error would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Reid

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I checked the note 1383873 and installed the kernel downloads attached to the note. I am still getting the error.

Yes - because the note says: Windows 2008 R2 is not supported yet, despite the fact, if the kernel is attached (also that is written in the note).

> Just want to find out, if anyone has successfully installed CRM 7.0 on Windows server 2008 R2 version?

You installed it sucessfully, no?

> If so, if they can post the steps that they did to upgrade the kernel to bypass the error would be greatly appreciated.

Ken, it's simply as that: The OS you use is unsupported. There's no way to circumvent or workaround that.

Btw: this is also written in the fist article on :

"Windows Server 2008 R2, the new Microsoft operating system, was released to manufacturing on 22nd July 2009. SAP does not yet support the new Windows operating system until further notice on this web page and in an SAP note."

Markus

Answers (0)