cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Standrad Webservice Definition possible

Former Member

Dear all,

since 2 weeks I try to use a standard webservice of SAP. After I installed all SAP Packages the Webservice is available into the Transaction SPROXY but not in the SOAMANAGER. But there are already some SAP Standard Webservices available into the SOAMANAGER. (SupplierERPCreateRequest_In vs. ServiceRequestERPChangeCheckQueryResponse_In_V1)

I compared the 2 Services and I noticed that one has a Webservice Definition. Now I thought about creating it on my own but this doesn't work because i get the message No Connection.

So my question:

Why does some Webservices have a Webservice Defintion and other ones do not have a Webservice Definiton?

Is it possible to use the Standard Webservices which do not have a Web Service Definition?

Do I need a ESR isn't it build into the actuall Release EHP4?

Is there an other way to use this webservice?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I activetd the Buiness Function in SWF5. I am using EHP4. I activated LOG_ESOA_OPS_2 .

I filtered in SICF for the Service and it doesn't exists in there. May be I am doing something wrong here.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just realized that this is Async service and it make sense why it is not available as web service, you can only use it with PI in mediated communication.

See this thread:

Async services can't be configured using SOAMANAGER etc.

Hope this answer your doubt, if you want to use this service then use mediated communication using PI.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makes sense actually, as async service without mediation might lead to data loss in case of errors in communication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for this. Now i created my own Webservice for Supplier creation. I don't see any case why this is an async webservice.

Thanks to all.

P.S.: I think SAP has to anounce this in more detail.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks I already tried this but the Service I am Looking for isn't available in SOAMANAGER. I am looking for this Webservice SupplierERPCreateRequest_In.

I only see Webservices with Webservice Defintion in SOAMANAGER.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are on correct Ehp and service available then goto SICF and activate this service then it will be visible.

Else check if corresponding business functions are activated in Ehp (Tx: SFW5).

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Why does some Webservices have a Webservice Defintion and other ones do not have a Webservice Definiton?

by default standard service is implemented on 000 client and if it is implemented somewhere else also then you will see defintion, but in either case they are usable.

>Do I need a ESR isn't it build into the actuall Release EHP4?

It is not mandatory to use ESR if purpose is just to consume service but if you want to model then it is very helpful. ESR is nothing to do with Ehp4 because it is separate product ships either with CE7.1.1 or PI7.1.

>Is there an other way to use this webservice?

You can use them directly otherwise create endpoint in SOAMANAGER

- Search your service.

- Select service.

- Chose option to create service.

- Give service name and endpoint name (you are free to give any name).

- Provide basic setting (chose http basic authentication)

- Save it

- You can see service and enpoint and you on property page you can open wsdl url for this endpoint which can be consumed by any application which support webservices.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer. But I don't know how to create the endpoint becuase I do not find the Service in the SOAMANAGER.

The Service I want to use is SupplierERPCreateRequest_In.

Additonally I do not have a ESR. I only use the SOAMANAGER.

Thanks.

Edited by: Manuel Winkler on Sep 29, 2009 11:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Why does some Webservices have a Webservice Defintion and other ones do not have a Webservice Definiton?

When a Service interface is of type "XI 3.0 compatible" in ESR, you cannot see WebService definition. If its of type "Stateless", you can see WSDL in SPROXY.

You should be able to use both directly by creating endpoint in SOAMANAGER.