cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z partner function to use with user type partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a Z partner function to send an e-mail to a specific user, but wen i try to assign a user partner type i receive the message:

Partner US is not defined

Message no. VC297

How can i define the partner type "US" to be used in SD?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

This is the standard behaviour of the system. Please review OSS note 380507 (question 6) for the reason.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ian Kehoe

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Partner Type "User (US)" can be assigned to the required Z Partner Function in another way -

The path to be followed to assign Partner Type "US" to required Partner Function is -

SAP Ref IMG -> Project System -> Structures -> Operative Structures -> Work breakdown Structure (WBS) -> Define Partner Determination Procedure and Roles -> Define Roles

Here you need to give the entry of Partner type to your Partner Function.

In this way you can avoid the error you receive stating "Partner US not defined" - Message No. VC297

Regards

Subramanyam K

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMHO SAP should've used a different error message in this situation. Saying that the partner type does not exist, when it clearly does, is just confusing and sends the users on a wild goose chase. Was it that difficult to create a new message saying 'only this and that is allowed'? It takes like 20 seconds.

Sadly, it's not unusual for the error messages in SAP to mean something completely different.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uhm... That's rather unusual. Check the table TPAR, al the types are maintained there. US is standard, not sure why it could be missing... It's used in the standard partner type VU, for example. Are you sure you're doing configuration in the right place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena,

I think that I was not very clear:

What I mean is that when I try to create a partner function Z which has a US partner type, appears an error message:

"Partner US is not defined".

I use the vision (v_tpar_sd).

My goal is to create a partner function in customers that can be associated with a particular user. I did not want to create a contact for that.

Thanks

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried 'Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header' in SPRO. The error appears in the include LV09FI01, routine CHECK_NRART. There are several partner functions simply hardcoded:

IF  V_TPAR_SD-NRART NE 'KU'
  AND V_TPAR_SD-NRART NE 'LI'
  AND  V_TPAR_SD-NRART NE 'AP'
  AND V_TPAR_SD-NRART NE 'PE'.
    MESSAGE E297(VC) WITH V_TPAR_SD-NRART.
  ENDIF.

US is not one of them. My guess is that it's not allowed for this particular type of partner determination. It's not mentioned in the documentation. If you'd like, send a message to SAP about it, maybe they'll at least provide some explanation.

IMHO the right way to assign a sales person / user is to use the PE function. If you have HR module, then just use Personnel Nr. (PERNR) with it. If you don't have HR, there is an option somewhere in SPRO for sales rep. maintenance without HR.