cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction/Program for maintaining background jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to schedule simultaneous loads (loads are triggered within 10-15 seconds)to an ODS via process chains. Currently, when I do this, only one data load is successful and the the second one does'nt even get triggered (no request is created in the ODS).

THe reason for the above, is because the loads need to triggered with a specific time gap. I want to change/decrease the time gap maintained in the system. I understand that there is a program/transaction to do this.

Does anyone know wht the program is?

Thank you in advance

Deepthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

The transaction for Jobs is SM37 for monitor and sm36 to schedule.

But you should be able to change the scheduling in RSPC transaction.

Hope it helps.

regards,

Diego Lombardini

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

THe settings I was looking for were related to ODS and I found them in IMG settings for ODS. But after exhausting the ODS settings, if this problem is not resolved, I will definitey consider having wait time in process chains.

Thank you for all your inputs

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like stefen said, you can do that in Process Chains itself.

If its confusing, try to add an AND process. THis will not have much apart from wait time.

Here, you can add a wait time you want. Also, it will be easier to maintain than writing complex ABAP scheduling Programs.

Ram Chamarthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi

You can just right click on the current process in the process chain and choose waiting time. This will specify a time gap between the processes.

Hope this is what you want?

BR

Stefan