cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validations in Adobe Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

i am writing some validations in adobe form .I am not very comfortable with adobe forms but i have to work on.

validation 1: field 'NAME' ( type is free text )should support 'several entries'.

validation 2: field 'NAME' ( type is lookup) and validation is ' LOOKUP vs SAP XX TRADER (another field).

validation 3: field 'PHONE' (type is numeric) and validation is 'DEFAULT BASED ON VALUE IN TRADER LOOKUP'

if any one have sample code please share..

Thank you in advance,

Prakash .S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Adi_Bathineni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

If you need the material for only Form Calculations, please go through the following material.

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/xml/formcalc_2.0.pdf

Thanks,

Adi.

Adi_Bathineni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Please download the following PDF file and go through the File, it shows the Difference between Formula Calculations and Java Script Calculations with some of the Examples and the functions which we should use in the Formula Calculations and in Java Script.

Hope this will help you.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba...

Thanks & Regards,

Adi.

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prakash,

You can write all these validation part in the print porgram of that adobe form.

So find the PRINT program for your adobe form , where that form is callled by using function modules.

Get back here if you have any other issues.

Thanks,

Naveen I.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI naveen,

Thanks for the reply. Here i am creating my own adobe form. so i need some sample logic, so that i can proceed with remaining.

Thanks,

Prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i have some more validations, please suggest.

validation: hard warning if < today "Please check Requested Trade Date. Past dates are not allowed."

validation: use Month YYYY format (e.g., September 2009) (LOGIC : "from >= current AND to >= from")

Thanks,

Prakash Reddy .S