cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Session does not appear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've installed SolMan 7.0 EHP1 and complete the initial and basic configuration using SOLMAN_SETUP tcode.

Then I connect a satellite system with SMSY tcode and setup the EWA configuration.

Now I want to create a EWA Report manually but when I run the REFRESH_SESSION from SDCCN tcode on satellite system the EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager Session does not appear.

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advanced

Moreno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the RFC's at both system, Solution manager and Satellite sytem.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When setting the Refresh job are you using the SOLMANSERVER_BACK RFC? this is a common behavior when not using the correct RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Did you setuo EWA in SOLMAN for that satelitte System? DSWP->Select the solution->Operations Setup->Solution Monitoring->Early Watch Alert->Setup Early Watch Alert.

2. If you have done this, then goto DSWP->Select the solution->Operations->Solution Monitoring->Early Watch Alert->Just click on the scheduled EWA. It will tell you why the session data is not collected from satelitte system though you ran REFRESH_SESSION at satelitte system.

OR

3. Check whether EWA is active at solman for that solution(Satelitte System).

DSWP->Settings->Solution Monitoring->Early Watch Alert

4. Check maintenace package and EWA is scheduled after you ran REFRESH_SESSION at satellite system(SDCCN), if so, then select the maintance package->click on details button(right side of the screen). Make sure that "Target RFC Destination" under Target System should be Back RFC of Solution Manager.

Hope this may help you.

Regards

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I have exactly the same problem. In my opinion I have completed all the necessary steps, that is to setup the solution correctly, define RFCs, activate SDCCN, etc.

There won't be any EWA sessions scheduled for processing on any of my satellite systems, though. This still is the case after refreshing sessions manually in SDCCN.

The only thing that buggers me is, that when changing and saving settings in the EarlyWatch Alert Administration I get the error message Settings not saved: Data model could not be set. Maybe this hints someone to where this problem may have it's cause.

Kind Rgs

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thorsten, I opened a message with OSS and they replied saying to install Note 1362950. This fixed my problem with saving changes to EW alert administration.