Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Need OI Example - ADD_SCRIPT_FROM_TABLE and EXECUTE_MACRO

I have an application that creates an Excel Inplace workbook with multiple worksheets. It is done with the Office Intergration (OI) classes/interfaces. I want to add functionality to CHART the worksheets within the InPlace session.

My plan was to populate an internal table with VB Script commands to create the charts. I would use the method ADD_SCRIPT_FROM_TABLE in I_OI_SCRIPT_COLLECTION to add the script, and then method EXECUTE_MACRO in I_OI_DOCUMENT_PROXY to run the script/macro.

It does not work. Right now, I am using simple commands in the script. I am just selecting a range and setting it to ITALICS. I have tried different variations of the commands. Either the script won't load (SCRIPT CONTAINS ERRORS) or I get sytnax errors when the EXECUTE_MACRO method is called.

I cannot find any programs in SAP that use the ADD_SCRIPT_FROM_TABLE method. Cannot find any examples on SDN. Cannot find any examples on the internet.

I do not want to use the OLE commands. The workbook needs to remain open in Excel InPlace and I am already using the OI interfaces.

Any ideas?

Tags:
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question