Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no DC allowed to create in NWDI-SC

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am following NWDI based development. I have created a product and software component in SLD. Then I created a Track using that SC which I have already created in SLD. But When I connect to that Track in NWDS and try to create a any DC but all DC types are disabled.

It shows me an error message:

Software Component does not support this Development Component Type. Required DCs are located in an SC that is not visible from the selected SC.

If I change to Webdynpro prespective and try to create a DC then it shows me this error:

The Software Component does not support the selected Development Component type. At least one required DC is not visible.

does any one has the idea??

Regards,

Naeem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem,

Can you confirm which perspective you are using Active or Inactive DCs?

Gurmat

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurmat and Alexander,

@Gurmat: I am in Devleopment Infrastructure and trying to create a webdynpro project which is disabled. As Alexander said in his last message some dependent SC are missing in my software component in the SLD.

@Alexander: I have checked the dependednt software components in local working area. These component I have also set in SLD under dependencies of my created SC. But

Can any one tell me what is the difference between two collumn in SLD Dependencies of Software component.

Prerequisite Software Component Version

Dependent Sofwware Component Version

FYI: when I call some dependent SC then these come in first collumn (Prerequisite Software Component Version). Even though, I try to provide all dependent SC but still I can't create any DC.

Can any one of you tell me what for SC are required in order to create a webdynpro project using NWDI. I will provide only those SC and try it. If it works then I will attach other SC as dependent.

Secondly, I have also seen in CMS (NWDI) under Track Data, we can also provide some dependent SC. Where should I do this dependency???

Regards,

Naeem

Edited by: Naeem Khan on Sep 29, 2009 11:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

These dependencies you see in CMS come from the SLD. If you setup the SLD correctly and perform an Update CMS before adding SC's to your track, these SC dependencies should come up automatically. Therefore I strongly encourage you to recheck your SC dependency definitions in the SLD. Perhaps you can tell us what you've defined exactly?

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, I have first set the dependencies in SLD but when It was not allowing to create any DC in NWDS then I also tried into CMS. Ok. I follow your recommendation to set dependencies into SLD. But can you please tell me what for context should I choose for making enable every DC in NWDS.

- InstallationTime

- BuildTime

- MetaDataRequest

And please also tell me if SCs are chosen in Prerequisite SC Component Version column that means dependency???

Regards,

Naeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naeem!

After having specified the dependencies in the SLD and before checking out your track to your NWDS, you have to check-in the required SCAs into your development track.

Furthermore, if you use the Composition Environment for your development, I propose to use the track creation wizard.

Best regards

Alexander

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

what for SCAs I have to check in NWDS??? (I suspect this what you said, could you please tell me what for SCAs have to imported into NWDS first)

Yes, you are right. I can also try wizard to create new track. I do this.

But this time I try to do it manually and as recommended by Pascal in earlier message three SC as dependent SC in SLD which I did

SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT and SAP_JTECHS

but you know, if I check the DCs under these dependent SCs there no one. On the other hand, if I see in local devleopment Every SC has some DCs. I guess those DCs allows a user to create any DC under his software component using track.

I want to know why my dependent SC have no DC???

Regards,

Naeem

Edited by: Naeem Khan on Sep 30, 2009 10:58 AM

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

I have successfully created a track which allows me now to create webdynpro DC. What I did is actully I have used wizard to create a track.

But I have a question in the wizard you can only select either webdynpro, composit application, java or other kind of track specification. What If I want to use every kind of DC in NWDS?? do I have to provide dependency manually in SLD and update the track for the development in NWDS???

Please answer this question then I will close this thread. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Naeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naeem!

do I have to provide dependency manually in SLD and update the track for the development in NWDS???

Yes, that's what you have to do. And you have to make sure, that the corresponding SCAs have been checked-in into your track in the NWDI.

Best regards

Alexander

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like you forgot to define build-time Software Component Dependencies for the base SC's (SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT and SAP_JTECHS) in the SLD. Do this and then click the Update CMS button on the Domain tab of your track in CMS Landscape Configurator. Then import these SC's into your track (their SCA's must be available in the CMS/inbox folder on the NWDI server's filesystem). Once this has finished, reimport the Development Configuration in NWDS and you should be ok.

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

Thanks for your reply.

I have included dependencies as you said in SLD - software component. I re-created development configuration in NWDS after updating in CMS track. I got these three SCs as you said but still there is a same situation, I can't create any webdynpro DC.

When I create DC in Devleopment Infrastructre prespective by right mouse clicking, it brings me window where I have to choose any type of DC like Process Composer, Webdynpro, Java and others. But all of them are disabled.

Regard,

Naeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem!

The three already mentioned SCAs are not enough. Please refer to SAP note 1080927 for a list of required SCAs depending on the DC type you want to create.

Best regards

Alexander

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

I try to read this note but it is not available. It shows me this message.

The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only

Do you have any other alternative??

Regards,

Naeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naeem!

You can try the following:

Create a local software component and crete the desired DCs in it. Since it is a local SC this should work fine. Now, you can check which external SCs has been assigned to your SC. This is the set of required SCs you have to provide for your track.

Please, make sure, that you provide the NWDI with the correct versions of the SCs. I.e., the versions of SCs as deployed to your SAP-Java-AS.

Best regards

Alexander