cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Mobile netweaver studio server needed for SAP 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello there,

I m currently working on SAP 5.0 version with mobile netweaver.

Can any one tell me which Mobile netweaver studio server needed for SAP 5.0 version ?

What would be the netweaver client needed for the same?

Which backend adapter needed for the Netweaver Client?

any help regarding the topic is most welcome.

thanks,

Swapnil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am confused here. Could you please elaborate as what do you mean by SAP 5.0.

Are you referring to SAP CRM Mobile 5.0 or SAP netweaver mobile?

Regards,

Nipun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

thanks for your reply,

Actually I am Working On ECC 5.0 version of SAP R/3.

Currently I have to work with Mobile Netweaver Project.

so, what will be the Mobile netweaver Studio Server best suit and to be worked with ecc 5.0.

If possible do i get the Service Market Place link for getting the Mobile netweaver Studio Server for the same.

thanks,

swapnil.

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1 can be used for your scenario - Mobilize SAP R/3 backend and develop mobile applications.

For both PDA (handheld) & laptop clients you have different development perspectives in SAP Netweaver Developer Studio 7.1 SP08 (latest). This is available on SAP service market place.

For mobilizing R/3 backend you will have to use the services DOE middleware which is also a part of SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1.Then using the netweaver dev studio you will have to connect to DOE and import data model and create mobile apps.

At runtime device management, data synchronization will also be handled by syching the client with the DOE.

There is a demo for creating SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1 Handheld applications to give you some idea on this[Demo Link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/204fc387-6646-2a10-99b7-bba030bc3f68;jsessionid=(J2EE3417500)ID0961529850DB00286985331419415275End]]

Regards,

Nipun

Edited by: Nipun Dev on Oct 1, 2009 2:43 PM

Edited by: Nipun Dev on Oct 1, 2009 2:43 PM

Edited by: Nipun Dev on Oct 1, 2009 2:44 PM

Edited by: Nipun Dev on Oct 1, 2009 2:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Thanks for your help,

i will surely try to get the way out of it.

i want to ask you ,

How about using Netweaver mobile studio version 7.0 instead of version 7.1?

Will ECC 5.0 going to support Netweaver mobile studio version 7.0 or 7.1?

Does it possible to get any link for the Service Market Place to get the required version?

thanks in advance,

swapnil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you mean Mobile Infrastructure (MI 7.0) by Netweaver mobile studio version 7.0, then NW Mobile 7.1 is just not another version of 7.0 .

Mobile 7.10 comes with a complete architectural change and has more capabilities compared to 7.0 , high scalability(data volume, number of devices etc) , better modeling options, multi channel access , lesser synchronization time to name a few.

Hence if you are thinking of building a new mobile application , then its recommended to use NW Mobile 7.1

There are no issues regarding support for ECC 5.0 in both cases.

check out this [installation link |https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/installNWmobile71]in service market place.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

thanks for the link.,

this is really a helpful answer which solved the confusion between n/w mobile 7.0 and 7.1.

thanks once again.

swapneel.

Answers (0)