cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with Java version...what Java version to use??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all, i use 1.6.0_07-b06 and Mii and everything works well but i have where some persons that use this version 1.6.0_16 b01

and with this version in two pages appears the same error and some time...this one:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: getSelectedItem in class: iBrowser

someone can tell me a Java version that is stable with Mii? or the solution for this error?

regards

Mário

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are experiencing a similar issue here. We have some dashboards created which will run using Java 6 Update 20 or above; but breaks a critical report. When we downgrade the version of Java to Java 6 Update 6, the critical report works; but the dashboards we created freeze the screen and we receive this error in the console:

assetApplet [ERROR] - access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 10.243.32.45:443 connect,resolve)

assetApplet [ERROR] - Error: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 10.243.32.45:443 connect,resolve)

We can not promote our dashboards until this issue is resolved or a work around found. It is a "show stopper" for this particular production release. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Demetrius

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please make an entry in the host (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers) file as below

IP address hostname

Hope this will resolve your problem

Thanks

Shaji

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[java security|;

This appears to be an issue with newer versions of java. Thanks to Mike Lange for posting it in when he solved his problem with it.

Please test Shaji's fix and report back on whether it worked or not.

Thanks,

Mike

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using a body onload or some other javascript mechanism to manipulate the iBrowser?

The symptom you describe potentially sounds like you might have a timing issue where your version of the JRE doesn't cause the error, but the newer JRE version does.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

I have 1.6.07 for JRE and everything works fine. I am not sure if there are any 1.6 versions that are causing any MII troubles. From the SMP install guides are the following on JRE versions...

Confirm that you have Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.4.2_07 or higher (but not 1.5.0.07,

1.5.0.08, and 1.5.0.09) installed on your client machines.

Confirm that you have Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.5 or higher (but not 1.5.0.07,

1.5.0.08, and 1.5.0.09) installed on your client machines.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

I am the new analyst at my company and I am trying to verify the latest Java version used for MII 11.5 and 11.6.

The previous employees in my department did not leave behind the greatest documentation. The documentation contradicts each other about which version to use.

Is there specific documentation on SAP's website that I can verify specifically which version to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition to Kevin's suggestion here's another note which addresses issue related to JRE 1.6.10 or higher

Refer this note 1402532 [Applet repainting Issues|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1402532]

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adarsh,

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I do not have access to this page.

Is there another location for this documentation?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

are you sure both PC have the same JAVA_HOME value? On each PC you can install several JREs but just one is the "default".

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using the some browser or are you comparing behaviour with different browser?

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

im using always IE