cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote system monitoring entry- data not relayed to Central system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I am trying to establish a central monitoring system for our client. I am trying to test it in the DEV environment first.

The central system is a Solution manager system (Dual stack- ABAPJAVA). I am trying to bring in monitoring data from the ECC development environment (ABAPJAVA).

First of, i created to RFC connections in Solution manager system, one for data collection and the other for analysis. I have maintained the host address of the ECC system as target.

Then i have created a remote system entry in Transaction RZ21--> technical infrastructure entered the 2 RFC names and have executed the function.

At this point i am only trying to bring in ABAP stack monitoring data form the ECC system so i have not generated the CSNCONF file.

Now when i look in Solution manager RZ20-->CCMS monitoring templates, i can't see any data for the the ECC system.

I guess i am doing something wrong. Am i looking in the wrong monitor set?

As additional information: Solution manager (SMD) and ECC (ECD) use different transport domains / transport groups. I dont know if this makes a difference.

Can some one please help.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you setup CCMS agents on ECC system? Check CCMS Selfmonitoring under SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors (RZ20) on your central system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

I have checked the Monitoring tree Element CCMS Self monitoring. Though it is set up, i see under the Availability MTE that the it is 0%. How do i go about setting up the CCMS agents properly in order to tide over the issue?

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try to follow the link from help.sap page and refer it's subtree to install ccms agent on dual stack system

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e2/eff640fa4b8631e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found that the CCMS agents were already installed and running in the syste. I have now figured out that by creating new monitors/ monitors within existing monitors sets, i can add the Monitoring tree elements of the remote systems.

But i am stymed by an issue. i do not see all the monitoring tree elemnts from the remote system available in my central monitoring system.

For example i have successfully brought in monitoring data from my ECC system to my Solution manager system. But in RZ20 when i creat a monitor and add ECC system, i only see some MTEs. example- Dialog overview MTE is runnning in ECC but the same does not show up in my Solution manager system. What am i missing here?

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to RZ20 -> menu: extras -> activate maintenance function -> create (f9) ->

ther you can see a green tree of all registered systems under <<< new monitor >>> in "genrate monitor design ()". here you could f.e. select all notes of a system and save the monor as f.e. z_test.

Does it works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rene,

My apologies for the late reply. I do understand that i have to generate a new monitor, and yes i have already activated maintenance view. I notice that not all the Monitoring tree elements are showing up in the Central system (Solution manager) for the child systems. Any reason why this is happening?

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

if I understand correctly your system shows only MTEs from R/3 Stack, not from the OS side, pls check your SAPOSCOL. Are the data in OS06 in your remote system correct and do you see the current data, refredhed all 10 seconds?

To check your environment, pls do the following:

in th efirst step check in RZ21 > in the Topology part the System Overview for your system connection to your back end system. Are the Read Destination Data RFC and the Destination Analysis RFC correct and works the authority chek fine?

In the second step pls check in RZ21 > in the Agents for Remotey SAP Systems part; are there registered your remote ccms agents correctly and works the connection test.

Stop the agents and in your RZ20 monitor pls enter STAT in your command field. Are there displayed for your MTE nodes the read RFC destinations?

Start the agents and and in your RZ20 monitor pls enter STAT in your command field. Are there displayed for your MTE nodes the CCMS Agent RFC destinations?

To rebuild the Monitor in the CEN system you could try to reset the node of your remote system in the warm up status > go in the remote system to RZ1 > go to local segments > change to edit > select your segments > reset segment in "WARMUP" status.

In the CEN system you coul try to go to the edit mode for the Agents for Remot SAP Systems > select your remote system and push the button Reinitialize Agents

In the back end system you can try to delete all MTEs in RZ21 > menu Technical Infrastructure > Reorgenize Segment Table > select the options with "ALL" in the CEN and the remote system to reorgenize all data.

Could you pls post for the missing MTEs a screenshot on the one side from the CEN system and on the other side from the remote system...

and last but not least you could try the following for missing OS MTEs

delete ALALERTS, ALMTTREE and ALPERFHI in /usr/sap/ccms/<SID>_<SNR> and check in the agents folder all trace and log files for errors.

Answers (0)