cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE startup problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

While trying to login to the home page of WAS system ( local host) I get an error "Dispatcher running, but no server connected!". Though everything is fine when I restart the server, I am trying to figure out what could be the problem and how to prevent this error from happening again.

Regards

Swami Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The server process is responsible to load the services and that is the reason it takes a much longer time as compared to the dispatcher.

If you check in the management console, you can find the status of all 3 processes: Dispatcher, Server and SDM. Alternately, if you can see into the console log, you can get to know more about it as to what is happening behind the scene. It would list out all the services that are being loaded and ultimately, it would also give a message "Element xyz joined" indicating the server has started.

Hope this helps to make the concepts much more clearer.

Have a nice time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Regards

Swami Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible that you requested the page before the server process (in the SAP Management Console) was in state <i>Running</i>? Because the reason to get this error is when the server was not started completely (keep in mind that the dispatcher starts much faster than the server). If this is the case, then the solution is to be patient and wait until both dispatcher and server processes have status <i>Running</i> before you request an application (restart of the server is not needed).

Regards,

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivaylo,

No, Normally I would wait until all the process are green and good to go. I also have a 1 gb of memory in the laptop. I have also noticed that this problem shows up mostly when I put my laptop on 'Stand by' mode.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards

Swami Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swami,

that's strange. I've no idea what the reason could be. Just can give as a hint to have a look at the log files the next time this error happens to find out why the server has stopped. Useful log files are server.log located under <drive>:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\system, the defaultTrace.trc file located under <drive>:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log (best to view them using the Log Viewer).

Also, have a look at the developer trace for the server process (in SAP Management Console, locate the server process and right click -> Developer Trace.

Good luck!