cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of R3 Systems(Different ECC Versions) with PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation where a PI system has to be integrated with R3 Systems of different ECC Version.

Please explain me what is the best practiced solution for this situation?

With Regards,

Manikandan Rajendran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your scenario little more,Do you need to send the same message to different ECC versions or

each interface is independent of other ..

Irrespective of former and later you need to create the connections to SAP in same way for both only difference can be the adapter usage type dependson theversion used otherwise wont see any problem for the same

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets assume that each interface is independent of other. And Fine, I can understand that Adapter usage Type is depende on the version. I jus want to make sure that whether there is any best practises exist for this scenario. Like whats the difference does it will make on upgrading the all R3 Systems to common ECC version, its feasibility etc...any documents on these would help me a lot..

Thanks for ur suggestion.

Regards,

Manikandan Rajendran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Integration of R/3 with Pi can be achieved by most frequently used communication wasy as IDOC, RFC, Proxy etc.

Now the type of communciation depends upon R/3 versions such as Proxy can be used for WAS > 6.4.

For mass data and asynchornous communciation IDOC can be good solution. In lower versions (WAS<6.4), where proxy can't be used, RFC is good option for Synchronous communciation.

Refer the similar discussion and few links as study material

Thanks

Swarup