Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System monitoring - DSWP and RZ21

michael_gebauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using sap solution managers workcenter "System monitoring" to set up the sap monitornig for a huge landscape. This works well, but to receive alerts (e.g. per mail) I additionaly have to do the settings in RZ21 (assign central autoreactions). This is not very comfortable because each setting has to be done twice (in dwsp and rz21) and there is also the risk to forget something. Do you know any other possibility? Do you know about plans to integrate the functions of RZ21 into DSWP?

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

as far as I know, SAP right now is "in the middle" between old monitoring (CCMS, done in RZ20 and RZ21) and new monitoring (coming up with EHP2). And as you said, currently you have to have a mixture between old and new, meaning double config work.

There will be no "lean" config before EHP2.

Kind reagrds,

Dirk Osburg

michael_gebauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

thanks for your answer.

do you have further information about EHP2 (coming functions, timeline..)?

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most likely there will be no EHP2 released for Solution Manager. SM 7.1 will enter ramp-up in Q1 2011 (this is unconfirmed rumour from SAP). EHP2 functionality will be integrated into this release.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know whats the diffrence in configuring CCMS alerts in RZ21 (CEN- SOL) and configuring CCMS in(CEN- SOL) Solution Manager -> DSWP -> Solution Monitoring ?? is Solman-> Solution Monitoring a shortcu way or a WIZARD way to RZ21 (creating CCMSUSR, CCMSREG .. etc what ever we do in RZ21) or we need to configure RZ21 as prerequisite to configure solution monitorind in DSWP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Automatic Email Alerting is only possible using Rz21 and integration is not possible.

But you can try this. You can check the properties of the MTE from DSWP- setup system monitoring->your monitoring obejct and Assingn the central autoreaction method from there.

(Properties->methods->Assign the central autoreaction method name.)

You should create the autoreaction mehtod from RZ21 in advance.

Hope this helps.

Revert if you face issues.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know whats the diffrence in configuring CCMS alerts in RZ21 (CEN- SOL) and configuring CCMS in(CEN- SOL) Solution Manager -> DSWP -> Solution Monitoring ?? is Solman-> Solution Monitoring a shortcu way or a WIZARD way to RZ21 (creating CCMSUSR, CCMSREG .. etc what ever we do in RZ21) or we need to configure RZ21 as prerequisite to configure solution monitorind in DSWP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

We are setting up system monitoring is solman? i do have the same doubt as mentioned earlier

>

> Please let me know whats the diffrence in configuring CCMS alerts in RZ21 (CEN- SOL) and configuring CCMS in(CEN- SOL) Solution Manager -> DSWP -> Solution Monitoring ?? is Solman-> Solution Monitoring a shortcu way or a WIZARD way to RZ21 (creating CCMSUSR, CCMSREG .. etc what ever we do in RZ21) or we need to configure RZ21 as prerequisite to configure solution monitorind in DSWP

can anyone guide me here? and what would this affect the RCA setup

jansi