cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping characters displayed in spool for dunning in thai language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our requirement is to create a dunning form for Thailand(displayed in thai language).

We have created a thai oriented printer(Thl1).We have also created a smart style and the font is helvetica(in order to display thai characters).

We have a problem when the spool is generated.The characters in the spool(both english and thai) appear overlapped.

What can be the reason for this?

My hunch is that since we are using helvetica font the spool is not generated properly.(ie spool cannot take helvetica font)

Since dunning is a sap standard program we cannot directly convert to otf format instead of generating a spool.

This problem has been bugging us for a long time.

Can any of the sap mates please suggest a solution for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have handled a similar scenario wherein i had to tranlate the smartform in English, Thai, Chinese based on customer langu.

What i did for this case is, Had 1 single Smartform which does the translation. I had added If/else lofic before each of the text elements being printed. ie.e

if Langu = 'EN'

THEN ---Text element 1 (in EN) i.e corresponding text element with appropriate Paragraph n character compatible with EN langu

Else if Langu is 'TH'.

THEN ---Text element 2 (in EN) i.e corresponding text element with appropriate Paragraph n character compatible with TH langu

This logic ensures, either EN or TH text gets printed at a time, thus ensuring that there si no over lap.

Check this helps else Revert!

Cheers,

Varna