Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Internal Goods/Services" make the text-description changeable

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SRM-gurus,

we'd like to make the TEXT description and the price changeable when adding an item (with mat.number) to shopping cart via "Internal Goods/Services". The price and the text which have been replicated from the backend should be changeable.

So far in the old R/3 system users were able to enter the material-number and then change the suggested description e.g. from "motor 12345" into "Repair motor 12345".

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Henning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

No idea out there?

Thanks and best regards,

Henning

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No in SRM it not possible. 100% sure

you can not change the material text.

br

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi henning

you can not chane the text.

material text is part of master data . you can not change the material text from internal goods and service. you can change the price.

br

muthu

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

thanks for your answer.

In R/3 it was definitely possible to change the material-text in a Purchase Requisition (e.g. in ME51n).

For example from "motor 12345" to "Repair motor 12345".

Perhaps someone has an idea how to realize that in SRM, too?

Thanks and best regards,

Henning

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Henning,

It sounds like you should use a Described Requirement. However, with what you stated about change the text, it almost sounds like a Service Master implementation. I saysing this because the Motor 12345 sound like a Material Master item but Report Motor 12345 sounds like a Service Master item.

We do not use Service Masters and so utilize the Describe Requirement.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know How to change the price in the SC, when it's transfer from Internal Goods/Service or Internal Product Catalog. Because currently it's grayed out.

Regards,

L