Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why SXMB_MONITOR execution is very slow

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are using PI 7.1

when I go to sxmb_monitor (Monitor for processed XML Messages), and click execute (F8) button, it is taking a long time (infact more than 3-4 minutes) to load the results screen.

there are very few scenarios are running at the moment, and although Number of Displayed XML Messages is just 4 it is taking such a long time to load.

we checked with basis team, they said, they did installation/postinstallation steps as mentioned in installation guides and ReadynessCheck document.

can anyone let us know what could have gone wrong, is it related to our configured interfaces, or is it related to installation specifics or configurations.

thanks,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

There may be many factors for this cause. Some already swarup told you. Few things you can ask to check basis guys is the load on the system, the cpu usage on pi box and you can involve network guys also. But usually if your system is good also this takes sometime to populate the results when compared to other transactions, because internally this transaction is also pulling data from the tables andif the message sizes are high it might kill some time there.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

There may be many factors for this cause. Some already swarup told you. Few things you can ask to check basis guys is the load on the system, the cpu usage on pi box and you can involve network guys also. But usually if your system is good also this takes sometime to populate the results when compared to other transactions, because internally this transaction is also pulling data from the tables andif the message sizes are high it might kill some time there.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you refer the Performance Check doc for PI.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/104ff330-5d59-2a10-f9bb-843c9415...

Refer the solution I had given here, you need to ensure about the archiving the XMl messages and clean up of the related tables for better performace.

Thanks

Swarup

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>Swarup Sawant wrote:

>>Have you refer the Performance Check doc for PI.

>>https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/104ff330-5d59-2a10-f9bb-843c9415...

this document title is "PROCESS INTEGRATION PERFORMANCE CHECK (SAP XI 3.0 - NW 7.0)"

would this be applicable to PI 7.1 too for improving the sxmb_moni performance..

thanks and regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can refer it , and should not have much problems..

Also i would suggest to refer above mentioned forum discussion, it talks about the various SAP tables behind SXMB_MONI and which may have direct impact on performance of SXMB_MONI.

Thanks

Swarup