cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Documentation Assistant - Check steps, rules - help?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I am investigating use of Solution Documentation Assistant for a client project - where we need to roll-out a global template solution. The starting solution is ERP - ECC6 and is live, but was not set-up as a project in Solution Manager by the project team - they are only using Solution Manager for EWA and patch updates implementation (the absolute bare minimum).

I want to generate a project blueprint structure in Solution Manager representing the structure of the starting Solution and see that, to do this, I need to create an analysis structure in Solman from the Business Content Repository. I naively thought I could point SDA at the installed ECC6 solution and it builds this for me - but I believe this only works if the solution has the solution directory structure set-up in Solution Manager, which it does not in this case.

My next area of complete confusion is how to set up check steps and check rules against the structure - all the help text tells you what to do and how - but gives you no understanding of the best practices in setting these up or whether these are pre-set up etc. Can anybody shed any light on check steps, rules, rules database etc - good practices / bad practices?

Many thanks.

John Hannah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it will not build a report without any structure or nodes in solman.

So just create some scenario in solar01 and then you can create an analysis based on ur project

or u can do it via solution way.

Please visit my article on solution manager expert for detail

http://www.solutionmanagerexpert.com/article.cfm?session=&uid=6f1cdd9a-8dad-4498-8baf-996823e4c47a

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar:

Thanks for your information. I am in the similar situation.

our customer has NOT used Solution Manager during their SAP implemntation. For now they have EWA setup for the managed systems.

To create an Analysis project - it requires a refernece PROJECT or SOLUTION. What PROJECT can we refer to if the customer has not used it ever.

Also, if i use the SOLUTION ( where the EWA reports are created), would this be used to create the Analyis project?

Not sure what is a good starting point - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ajay Vonkarey

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.