cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracking the actual sale order quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

How to track the actual sales order quantity given by the customer.

Ex: we assume the customer has placed an order of 100 units and stock is only 90 so we create the sales order for 90 units only.

How to find out the difference of 10 units as a report in standard sap system.

Thanks

AJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think based on stock, sale order will be created.

The logic behind my conclusion is that in normal circumstances, sale order will be created by Marketing force who would register immediately once they receive the order from their customers. At that time, they never check what is available in unrestricted / quality etc.,

Having said this, through VA05, you can track the sale order quantity.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks evrybody.

But iam asking that the actual order quanity and the created sales order quantity should be tracked.I assume that in VA05 we can only see the materials which we had entered during creation of the sales orders.wat about the difference quanity between the revieved and the order created..plz see the example which i mentioned earlier.where is it captured?

Thanks

AJ

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AJ

In VA05 you can track the actual order qty that has been entered in the sales order . In VA05 you can see the actual order qty and the confirmed order qty.The Difference quantity can be tracked in VA05. in the Open order quantity feild

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinath,

please clarify one doubt that if we are creating a sales order as 100 order quantity and now assume that the stock is of 90 qty and the system does the availibilty check .

Now if we change the order quantity as per the available stock and do the further processing.Now in VA05 is it possible to see the order qty as 100 and confirmed quantity as 90?

Please clarify

Thanks

AJ

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AJ

If you have created the sales order for 100pcs and after availability check if only 90pcs are confirmed and if you change the order quantity to 90pcs then system will update the ordered qty to 90pcs only. So you can check the sales ordered qty as 90pcs only in VA05 and not 100pcs.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AJ,

This is how normal sales process works.

You create Sales Order line item for the quantity that customer has requested. (eg: 100)

Then you do a ATP for that Line item. Let's say you have only 90 in the stock. In that case system will confirm 90 for the sales order line item. (You can see the confirmed quantity in the Schedule line tab)

Normally we don't change the LI quantity as per the ATP confirmed quantity (i.e 90). Because then we loose the visibility to the customers original requested quantity (i.e 100).

Say you don't change your Line Item Order quantity to 90. Then your delivery & billing will be for 90.

So you can see in VA05, Order quantity as 100 and confirmed quantity as 90.

Your sales reports will show delivery & billing as 90. So that you have a clear visibility to the original order quantity, delivered quantity & billed quantity.

Further if remaining (open) quantity 10 is appearing your MRP & creating troubles, please use Line Item Rejection Reason as Completed. So that everything is perfect.

Coming back to your issue.

Since your changing LI quantity to 90, you cant see 100 in the VA05 report. It always show the existing sales order line item quantity, which is 90 in this example.

Only way you can find your original sales order quantity is in the Line Item / Change Log.

This can be view by selecting below Menu option.

Environment -> Changes

If you execute it for the relevant Line Item, you can see the Change log. In that by double clicking relevant quantity change line, you can see the old value & new value. (In this example 100 & 90)

But that is not a good practice to do as changes will show all quantity changes that you might do based on customer request. (Imagine if you customer ask to change it later to 95 not 100).

In that case change log will display 100 to 95, then 95 to 90. So your loosing the required visibility.

Hope this is helpful to you !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anupa,

thanks for your valuable solution.But please tell me that if the sales order carries say 60-70 products as line item,then as you said that the line item rejection reason can be given which may again be a time consuming step.

So is there still a easy solution for the same.

Iam gona give you 10 points just wanted a solution if any .

please suggest otherwise i will close this issue.

thanks

AJ

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think in std ur requirement can be achieved...as u said while creating the sales order if u change the order qty as per the availablity of the material..u never can get this datail as a report unless u store this difference quantities in a field..

U can do one thing..use any one the numeric fields in sales order to enter the difference qty from ordered and get the report of it with the help of an ABAPer...

Reg

JJ

Edited by: Jagsap on Sep 29, 2009 8:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

You don't have to go line item by line item to set a "Rejection Reason". You can do it in this way.

Create a Rejection reason as "COMPLETE".

Say you have 60 line items in your sales order and now you want to set this "COMPLETE" Rejection Reason to 40 line items.

This is how you do it.

High light relevant line items in your sales order. (eg: 10, 40, 50, 70, 90, 120, etc)

Then go to Menu: Edit -> Fast Change of -> Reason for Rejection

Then "Change Reason for Rejection" Dialog box will appear.

Select "COMPLETE" Rejection reason from there.

Press Enter.

Then it will update what ever selected line items with the COMPLETE Rejection reason.

Hope this helps you !

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

Ideal option for applying reason for rejection would be to ask your developer to write a program to identify all unfulfilled items from partially open sales orders (this works if and only if your client choses one delivery per order approach) and apply reason for rejection. Schedule a job (frequency of job as per client's requirement for example every 30 minutes) with above program.

Any further queries do not hesitate to ask

Thanks

Murali

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed.

thanks guys

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AJ

You can check through the report VA05 report. You can check The status , open orders and the pending orders data Apart from that you can even check the . Actual order qty and the delivered qty and the pending order qty. details in VA05.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

mr lakshmipathi is quite right. allow me to add certain suggestions:

1. you can track the open quantities in sales orders. open quantities means those that have not yet been delivered.

2. you can also track invoiced orders, and invoiced quantities are the basis of tracking recognized revenues.

3. of course, if you are looking for booked quantities regardless of completion status, then the order quantity can be used.

all these info you can get from VA05.

regards.