cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on Max DB Sesions increase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing performance testing on SAP EP 7.0 through LoadRunner. I am trying to test the Portal landing page (customized and has more content) for 20 concurrent users.

I am using HP LoadRunner to create Load (10 users) at a time, The Landing page download is getting delay (because it has more content), meanwhile the Max DB Session (100 sessions) increase maximum upto 75.

Because of this session increase, portal landing page getting more delay. How can i solve this issue?

Can anybody please explain the DB Session concept?

Regards,

Chinnadurai R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post your DBMS release.

Rgds,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MaxDB 7.6.00.25, can you give me details about MaxDB sessions?

Regards,

Chinnadurai R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying. The maximum number of sessions is controlled by the MAXUSERTASKS parameter. You will find an explanation in notes 846890 and 1173395. I am not aware of MAXUSERTASKS having a performance impact but I might be wrong there (I only deal with this DBMS myself in the context of the APO LiveCache).

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I am testing custom development portal. The Default Max DB MAXUSERTASKS is 50, I have increased upto 150.

I am executing the scripts for 5-10 users in LoadRunner Controller 9.1. Once it is executing the Max DB sessions increase drastically (session increases upto 100%). The server becomes more slow.

Why Max DB not creating sessions based on user (i am expecting only 5-10 session)?

How can i solve this issue?

Regards,

Chinnadurai R

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the session are increased drastically because the Custom iView Fetching data from KM (the code using collator concept to checkthe modified date), this KM Call creates more session on MAxDB

Thanks

Chinnadurai R