Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to see the firefighter log

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are on support pack 7.0 of SPM (AC-SPM 5.3_07.0). After a firefighter permoring his action in thefirefighterid, the manager not able to see the log in Firefightld Log Report (T-Code: /VIRSA/ZVFAT_V01). when I am trying to see the log report getting the message that "log doesn't exist for the given selection". In superuser privilege management also trying to see the log by navigating User Reports->Log report->here selected the system, given the firefighter's name, put the date and clicked on execute. Here I am getting that No match nor conflict found.

Can anyone please guide to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Gurugobinda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to view the logs from the SPM web frontend?

If that is the case, make sure that you can view the logs in the abap system. If you cannot, check the settings suggested above to make sure that they are generating properly.

If you can see them in the abap system, make sure that the user assigned to the connector in the SPM web frontend has the authorisations to view the logs.

I think that rather than using your own authorisation, it actually uses the RFC / Connector user's authorisations to read the data. Your user will just have access from the UME to view the appropriate tasks, not necessarily the data held within them.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Even i am not able see the firefighter log. Can you tell me where can i see the configuration parameters and where can i find the configuration guide.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

You can download the FF user guide from service market place.

Path:

Release & Upgrade info -->Installation & Upgrade Guides > SAP BusinessObjects>GRC--> Access Control.

Regards,

Ajesh Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh,

Thank you... I downloaded the FF user guide from service market place.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurugobinda,

Do you mean none of the reports in GRC SPM application gives you results (Transaction Usage Report,Reason Code Report,Log Report,etc).

Configuration parameters we have set in our environment are (these can be bit different in your case as per your requirement).:

Retrieve Change Log YES

Critical Transaction Table from Compliance Calibrator(VRAT) YES

Firefighter Owner Additional Authorization YES

Configuration Change Comment Mandatory YES

Firefighter Controller Additional Authorization YES

Send Log Report with Critical Transactions Only NO

Send Log Report Execution Notification Immediately YES

Send Log Report Execution Notification YES

Send Firefighter Login Notification Immediately YES

Send FirefightId Login Notification YES

Remote Function Call FFMON

Now do the following.

1. Login as Firefighter and access FFID - accss some transactions from FFID session.

2. Login to client 000 of ABAP system and execute the report RSCOLL00 (from SE38).

3. Login to production client of your ABAP system and execute the report /virsa/zvfatbak.

Please check the logs from GRC SPM application - hopefully it should give you report now.

Good Luck

Davinder

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Davinder,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I"ll check the parameters suggested by you and get back.

Regards,

Gurugobinda

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Davinder and Simon,

Thank you for all your help and support. The problem got resolved. In fact there was no background job for the firefighterlog. I followed the Configuration guide and created the job. The background job might have been deleted accidentally. It resolved the error. Of course taken the points you noted.

Once again thanks a lot to all of you.

Reagrds,

Gurugobinda