cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Images at Runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Here I am dealing with a scenerio where I am getting values from RFC according to Barcode.

I am sending my barcode at the time of card punching to R/3 and m fetching values via RFC into Dynpro.

Like if my barcode is '1234567890' then according to this barcode i hav to display the details of an employee as:

Name

Employee Id

In time

Out Time

Department

Image.

Now i am able to get every field via RFC except the image because for each barcode , image is different and i hav to dispaly image accordingly at runtime.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Nivedita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am Closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to display the barcode itself as an image or do you want to display an image for the employee you have queried for a given barcode?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dera Armin,

I feel I got confused now. Actually I have to put my barcode in input field & then auto event is firing (Display tab). Then in table I am getting values from RFC which are:

Name, dept, In Time, Out Time, Emp Id.

Now I have to display Image also as per each employee's barcode, which is also i have to get from R/3. Via RFC only url can b passed for image, which is like "SAPR3://SAPR3CMS/get/170/Z1/DEA9A43EFB05". i donno hw to use it.

My View's context is like:

Context

+Zemp_card (node) (RFC)

...+ Bar

...+ Emp_Data

...+ Out

+Barcode (customized)

...+barcod

so here from Barcode node I am getting barcode of employee and in a table I am dispalying the Out values as per the barcode at every time when employee punches the card.

Now images should also be displayed at the time of card punching for every diff employee. which i am not able to do.

I hope the whole scenerio is explained nw. Kindly suggest me something.

Edited by: nivedita yadav on Sep 26, 2009 10:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where are the images stored? You need an URL that can be accessed from the browser. Maybe you have to read the image data and create a resource in the server cache, but that's not clear from your description.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Armin,

Images are stored in 'OAER' t code in R3. Via table we are getting the object of image{object type prel and document type hriphoto (customised)} ifrom HR and then we get URL which we are passing in RFC to wedynpro.

This is a work around, actaully we dont have any idea to get the images from HR to webdynpro using RFC.

thanks & regards

Nivedita

former_member283828
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. place the image you want to use in your application in the mimes folder.

2 go to Navigator view in NWDS

3 go to src->mimes->components->"yourcompname" and place the image there.

4 You can use this image in any of Image UI elements' Source property.

Plz Note: the file name + extension is case-sensitive.

Above steps is how to use image.

To display image at runtime, bind the source property of the image UI Element to an attribute of type 'String'.

At runtime based on the barcode code value set the attribute value with the respective image name.

follow above 'Note' while setting the image name to the attribute.

Regards,

Kiran Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

My rest of the data like Name, Emp ID, Deprtment are coming through RFC, so cant be it possible to use image also like this way.

and as u said 'based on the barcode code value set the attribute value with the respective image name.' . how can i do this.

I mean m not getting it properly.

Kindly explain.

Thanks & Regards

Nivedita